Chapter 8: First Impressions / POVS

Graceland is on big life lesson that I am ready to take on the world while learn from the people that I am surrounded with all day and every day. We do actually get work done and still have time to play. As everyone may already know this is my first official hang over and headache since making Graceland my home. It took me a while to get out of bed that morning. Later on I was downstairs fully dressed greeting my family good morning.

Everyone made their own breakfast to head over to our kitchen table.  During breakfast that morning the team all except for Mike looked at me with face like come on please tell us. We know that you can sing we heard you the other night. I wanted you guys to hear that and hoped you enjoyed it.  So are you also a song writer too, they asked me? “Yes I am that is something that I do for fun.” I replied to them. After eating breakfast put all of our dirty dishes in the sink that morning and head out the door for work. I was working with both Johnny Cakes and our SWAT team.

Mike’s POV

I have been waiting here at my old baggage claim for an hour. The baggage claim is full from six different flights that just landed today. Moments after that I saw a gorgeous young agent with big brown eyes walking towards me hoping for some help. Tia Diaz is her legal name. My nickname for her sounds way better though Rookie. She is a hard worker, perfectionist, independent, likes the beach, helpful, and most of my entire new little sister.  We tag team against her all the time. I am surprised that is she is also a good fighter. Rookie gives the best hugs and is very cuddly.

End of POV

Lunch time rolls around so it is now 12:00 pm. Everyone takes a quick break to eat. We enjoyed it together. After eating lunch that afternoon threw away our trash in the bin. Mom was standing behind our kitchen counter and Johnny Cakes sat at the table.  The words were all on the tip of my tongue but didn’t come out. I stopped talking for a long time that afternoon.  Each of them came over to the couch.

 The other agents came home to see a frazzled Charlie and Johnny Cakes sitting next to me on the couch. Mom told them something is wrong but I don’t know what since she isn’t talking right now. Our family room has an oak coffee table in the middle of it where all of us rested our cell phones. I pointed to the table located in front of us.

Paigee Pumpkin handed me her cell phone. A few seconds after that I found the notes app on her screen to start using it. Can’t breathe….. “Where’s Mikey?” I asked. He went out to get something at the store. Daddy holds me in his arms for what feels like hours.

Look in my contact find my   CO’s numbers write it down on paper and call Mikey. A few minutes after I heard a very familiar pull into our driveway and open the door to walk into the house and put down the bag then head over to the couch. Johnny’s attempts at making her laugh each time, Mom told him. They were all still in a state of disbelief. Briggs, you can let go of her now, he told the senior agent and his training officer. We unraveled from each others’ arms. I heard his voice so I knew that Mikey was home.

“Do we have any Disney Movies or musicals in the house?” he asked. “Why?” they replied to him. Rookie likes to watch them. I looked over at Paigee Pumpkin there was a twinkle in her eyes.  Let me work my magic on her. We all gave Johnny Cakes very hard looks.  Don’t even go there especially what she told you, Paigee Pumpkin warned him as they each smack his head together.