Chapter 41: X- Rays

References to B-Positive through Savior Complex and Master of Weaker Ties

Mike woke up at 6:00 am the next morning to turn off the alarm and get ready for his usual morning run. Before leaving his room made sure that I was okay. He is now heading downstairs and out the back door. Soon after that BD meets him on the beach. They go running together.

I am about to wake up now as the sun came streaming through his window. A few minutes after that head to our room for a quick bath to get ready. Mom is already in our kitchen as the coffee pot is brewing. Soon our family joins her one by one. As for Daddy it's his turn to make the hot chocolate for me.

Our kitchen is almost completely full that morning. Roger greets the team while grabbing a water bottle from our fridge. He went upstairs for his shower. The team sets our kitchen table together. I put out our place settings on the island. Minutes after that he returns giving both of our kisses in the respected locations.

Breakfast is promptly served at 8:00 am. Everyone dishing their food to eat. The team sat down around the table in their assigned seats. Mike and I were sitting on the couch using our coffee table for the food. We ate together like one big happy family. After we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

Moments after that we grabbed our stuff mentioning goodbyes to each other. All of us head straight out the front door. The driveway and house are now vacant. Our family went off in the direction of their missions. Hank is already inside the hospital. Both of us met him there for my x- ray appointment.

We walked up to the front desk to ask for Hank. Go on into the exam room the medical assistant told us. Minutes after that we are sitting down in the room alone. Roger is sitting on a chair. I am up on the cold table. Dr. Lawson enters greeting us "Good Morning Guys." We returned his greeting in unison.

Let's get this started Tia, he told me. I am ready Dr. Lawson, I replied to him. This will only take a few minutes so be patient. Later on the x-ray is now finished and placed under the light. He is explaining what happened to my back.

"What are your jobs?" he asked. We are teachers in a school, we replied to him. I hate to be the bearer of bad news right now. Tia you are going to be on bed rest for a couple of days or even weeks, Hank told me. Just in case I am giving you more pain meds.

All of us mentioned goodbyes to each other. Thank you Hank for all of your help, we told him in unison. Your welcome guys it was a real pleasure working with you. I will be calling you to see how she is doing, Hank replied. We stopped by the drug store to fill it. Later on both of us were Graceland bound that afternoon.

The pair of us pulled into our driveway to park the truck. He opens the door for us to go inside the house. A few minutes that I closed it behind us. My twin pulls our phone to text someone on the team to pick up my meds. I am in our bathroom getting ready to bath. Roger keeps watch like all the other times.

He brought my favorite shirt for me to wear. Moments after that we head back to his room. I got in bed slowly covered myself with the blanket to grab Pedro. Bed rest officially started right now for me.

Our family knows that I am the type of person that likes to stay still for a very long time. Case files galore right now between his own and mine which are added. They are in two different piles. Over the next couple days or even weeks both of us will work through case together. Paperwork is going to be my new best friend thank you Roo.

Just does one thing for me please be careful with those meds. Briggs told me this a few years ago when I had became my run in with pain killers and he even threatened to turn me in. I already experienced deter and don't really want to see you go through that Mimi, he told me. You know that's all I been since my pacemaker got put in earlier this year.