Chapter 6: Bureau Visit and Sick Day

The next morning as the sun peeked out from behind the clouds.  Mike doesn’t tend to sleep in causing him to miss his morning runs or surfing with the guys until me. They woke up that morning to put their pillows and sleeping bags back in their room then went downstairs into our kitchen to make breakfast.

Jakes, Charlie, and Briggs passed by my room and saw the bed made perfectly which never happen at that time in the morning.  Later on walked a few doors down and noticed that Mike’s door is opened.  They found my body on his bed and were very relieved then head into the kitchen greeting Johnny Cakes and Pagiee Pumpkin “Good morning,” in unison. “Morning guys,” they replied back.  Later on Mike and I woke up that morning.  We exchanged our greetings to each other.  Both of us freshen up then went into the kitchen. I need to talk to you Briggs in the com room now concerning Rookie.

Flashback:

Remember all that time she was missing. “Yes, I do Mike can’t forget it.” Rookie told me that Bello drugged.  He did what to our mi hija and your sister. My dad’s eyes burned with rage

End of flashback

They returned to our kitchen that morning. Everyone gathered around the table to eat. Johnny Cakes and Mike were sitting on either side of me with Paige at the end. During breakfast that morning we ate and enjoyed it as a family. I excused myself from the table in order to put my dirty dishes in the sink and go upstairs to puke. My family wonders what is taking me so long in the bathroom. Daddy walks upstairs into my room calling Tia. He gets no answer so daddy decides to come in the bathroom where he finds me over the toilet.  I asked him for ecstasy knowing that he has drugs at his CI’s place. Let me tell you a story little mama. Five years before you moved in the Caza Cartel put heroin in me and I became hooked to it. No, I will not give you any drugs at all.  But I need them daddy, I whined.  The answer remains no little mama. I am doing this because we want you to be here. He took out his phone to text my brother.

Texting

Daddy: Levi

Mike: yes

Daddy: we need you upstairs now. Please bring a bottle of water for your sister.

Mike: okay

End of texting

Seconds after that he walked upstairs with bottle water in his hand and joined us in the bathroom. “You okay, Rookie?” he asked. I am sick, I answered him. Thank you for the water. Your welcome my little Rookie, he replied to me. Bello is standing right over in front of me. No, he’s not here, they answered me in unison. There’s a rule for that called no civilians upstairs which Bello is.