Chapter 30: Bad News

The sunrise was very colorful that morning. Roger woke up to get ready for his usual morning run. He stopped by Pumpkin Pie's room to leave a note "Good Morning Baby" then head out the back door. Our family started to wake up slowly and head downstairs.

I followed suit behind my twin brother taking a quick bath to get ready for work. Mom is in the kitchen puts on a pot of coffee for them then makes hot chocolate for me and start cooking breakfast. The kitchen is almost full of agents. George and Mike entered our house from different doors.

My brother grabbed a water bottle from the fridge then heads up to his room for a shower. As for George he greets everyone and pours out his coffee. The table is set by the team together. I put out our place settings on the island. Mike returns to greet everyone in one shot. He gave me the forehead kiss and turns to my sister for her lips.

Breakfast is served promptly at 8:00 am. Everyone dished out their food to eat. The team took their assigned seats between our table and the island. Mike and I are on the couch using the coffee table for the food. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in the sink.

All of us soon after that grabbed our stuff to mention goodbyes to each other. Seconds later both the driveway and our house is empty again. Everyone heads in different directions to their missions. George and I just arrived at a crime scene that morning. I am talking to the local police department. Meanwhile with George who is questioning the family and friends. Please call us if you think of anything else.

The family took down both of our numbers as the victim is loaded into the ambulance.  Later on George and I were walking back to his car.  We are heading back to Graceland for a break. Minutes after that we pulled into our driveway to park the car. I opened the front door for us to go inside the house.

 Both of us settled down on our couch with drinks as George turns on the t v set. I went upstairs to take a quick bath and change. My family arrives home from work. Everyone else greeted each other in our family room. Later on I returned in our family room to see that the rest of our team is home now.

George mentioned his goodbyes to us so he could head home. Lunch time rolls around at 12:00 pm. everyone dished out their food to eat. The team took their assigned seats at the table. Mike and I are on our couch using the coffee table for the food. We ate together like one big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sink.

 I went upstairs to get our computer and grabbed my cell phone then head to our phone room to do some work. My phone started ringing on the desk that I am sitting at that moment.

                                 Phone call

Ralph: Hey T

Me: hey Ralph

Ralph: "How are you?"

Me: good and you

Ralph: not to good right now. We need you to come home

Me: "Why?"

Ralph: Mel's sick

Me: can't do that right now I am in the middle of a mission. I will send George for her.

Ralph: okay

Me: Thanks for letting me know Ralph. I love you bye

Ralph: Tell Mike that I send my regards. Love you too

                         End of call

Our computer is left on the desk abandon. My legs instantly buckle after I reach the wall to slide down it. The phone is on my leg. I don't exactly know what the significance of the wall means in our relationship yet.

                  Roo's  point of view

I am walking pass the phone room heading towards my bedroom. The phone room it is set up like someone is about to do work  in it but the chair is vacant. Minutes after that I enter it as my investigative skills start to tinkling in. "Cuddly, What is wrong?" he asked worried looks at the screen on my cell phone screen to see the last call. She fisted my shirt in her hand as the tears started to stream down her face. I comforted  her in my arms. My Cuddly uttered a name into my chest "Levi."  You never call him that it's always Mike or Roger.

                              End of POV