Friday PM.

It's been a couple of weeks since Matt and I got together, and at this point things have been pretty good.

We've been spending way more time together than we ever have before and our relationship seems to be on the track that I had always wanted it to be.

I realize that we haven't fought since we got together, and it's just an entirely new feeling.

I haven't heard a peep from the guy, but then I remember that I had blocked him, so there would be no reason why I would hear from him.

Tonight, is the night that the event I have set up, debuts, and I am all out of sorts. I ask Matt if he'll come, but he has to film an event for his own job, so he tells me if he can come later, he will try.

Since things have been so great, this doesn't stir up any argument or fight like it might have in the past.

I get dressed in a semi-formal dress and head to the museum ready to see how the night will play out.

When I get to the venue, my boss is already there, which I am glad about. I was nervous that it would be like last time, and I would have to figure out a way to kill time before it started.

We get ourselves settled and he seems incredibly pleased with the work I have done. I had made sure to get all the information from the last event planner, who was slightly peeved that I had replaced her, but I also think relieved, as she had some other duties that she needed to focus on more. She gave me the information for all the vendors, and was even kind enough to give me some inside tips when it came to dealing with them.

The event is in full swing, when I see her; his girlfriend. She looks gorgeous in a floor length gown. And then, that's when I see him.

What are they doing here? I realize at that moment, that one of the companies that we had hired to help with setup must be one that he works with. Free attendance to these events, with an open bar, or at least a free drink, is part of compensation for any of the staff, as long as they are dressed appropriately.

I feel a lump in my throat when I look at him. I had forgotten how good looking he was, and now even more as he is in a suit.

A surge of jealousy bubbles up in my stomach, as I see his hand on the small of her back.

I am taken out of my reverie when my boss calls my name.

Before I turn around to talk to my boss, I see him turn his head, but I'm not sure if he notices me.

My boss thanks me profusely for the job well done and tells me to enjoy the rest of the evening. I excuse myself and go to the bathroom. I don't think I want to stick around. What I really want to do is run away and not see the guy, but I am also incredibly nosy and curious to see them interact with one another. My phone buzzes in my purse, and for a brief moment, I let my brain wonder if it is him that is messaging me.

But then I remember that I had blocked him, and it couldn't possibly be him.

It isn't. It's Matt. And he's coming to the event.

Drat. I really wanted to go home and ignore what I just saw. Now though, since Matt was on his way, I am not about to ruin any future prospects in my current relationship because of a chance encounter.