2. Bondita's Coffee❤

*Anirudh POV
She stepped out of the kitchen looking ethereal, clad in a red saree with light jewellery, her open hair was dancing down to her waist. She had her head down. My reverie was broken by my father's voice. He was elated to see Mishti. He stood up and said with a light smile," Bondita Bachhe!" and Mishti sprinted towards him and touched his feet, he englufed her in a fatherly hug. As soon as they separated, I could see Mishti's eyes had turned glassy. I understood that she was missing her father. I still feel guilty of not being there when she needed me the most.

I remember how heartbroken I was when I came to know that she would be leaving tulsipur. We all, i.e. Saurav, Saudamini, Som, Batuk, Mishti and Me had a great bond, but I was a lot more attached to Mishti. I still remember that when she was born, I held her in my lap, I was just 4, but I could remember her face vividly. She had a round face, chubby cheeks, big eyes, small nose and pouty lips. She was looking at me with those twinkling eyes. I kissed her cheeks and she smiled. I still remember every little detail of the moment. We both grew up very close. She used to confide in me with every secret of hers. Earlier her mother instructed her to call me dada, which irked me to such an extent that I threw a big tantrum that time. When the elders finally agreed to let her call me anirudh babu instead. When she left, I was just 12, I was very angry and didn't meet her. Until I realised my mistake, it was very late and she had already left. Initially, I received her letters when I was in India, but due to my anger, I never replied. But I stopped receiving when I left for London for my higher studies.

Yesterday when she returned I had to go for a important court proceeding which was being postponed since last month. I knew she would be angry, thus I didn't wait for next morning and climbed the pipe up to her room. She was about to hit me with a broom when I held her close by the waist and closed her mouth. I saw her calm down in my arms which made me feel something different. I felt her shiver and I smirked unknowingly. She opened her eyes and slowly uttered my name. She was looking elegant in the moonlight when she pushed me hardly. I went towards her and told that I was leaving but she came back and took me in a bone crushing hug. She didn't cry, but I could feel her pain. This made me realise that all these years she has learnt to bottle up and mask her emotions, but she didn't know that she cannot hide her pain from me. She removed her head from my chest and looked at my face, still being in my arms. She was gazing at my face and I was gazing hers. I was watching how she had grown up. I could see that even her eyes were glassy. She had a soft smile on her face. I suddenly spoke, "Mujhe pata that ki meri mishti mujhse naraaz ho hi nhi sakti" She instantly frowned and hit my chest with her small fist and hugged me back again. I faked hurt and she said," Nahi, Mishti abhi bhi gussa hai, aur gussa kese na ho, apko pata hai mene apko kitna yaad kiya, kitne khat likhe, par apne kabhi jawab nhi diya, jab mujhe aapki sabse zyada zarurat thi aap waha the hi nhi. Mai aapko itni asaani se maaf nhi karungi. Woh toh abhi Mai bhavnao Mai beh gai." I listened to her last sentence and chuckled loudly which broke our moment and she stepped back. She kept her eyes low and I could see the red hue on her cheeks. I realised that she was getting shy and I thought to tease her as earlier we used to stick together. We were always found together. As I was about to say something Mishti's mother, Sumati Kaki knocked on the door and she panicked. She hid me under the bed. As I was tired from the whole day, I unknowingly slept there. When I woke up I had a great pain in my neck as I slept on floor. I saw myself covered in a blanket. I came out and saw Mishti sleeping soundly with a sweet smile on her face. I saw that she was sleeping without a blanket. I took my blanket and covered her. I was about to go back, but first I wrote a note for her and stuck it on the almirah. I went down the balcony and went to my room. I asked her to come as soon as she got ready. We all had a lot of talking to be done. I was waiting on the dining table, when Som and Batuk teased me. I glared at those Musketeers and they closed their mouths. As soon as I had a sip of my coffee, I knew it was made by Mishti. I called her out.

She was talking with baba when he asked her to sit for breakfast and she happily obliged. She poured some coffee for herself and sat down. Batuk asked me how did I know that Bondita was there, everybody's eyes were on me when I said, "Yeh coffee ka swaad Mai kabhi nhi bhul sakta, das saal pehle ye coffee pehli baar pi thi, aaj bhi swaad bilkul pehle jaisa hai". I averted my eyes back to coffee and I could see mishti smiling through the corners of my eyes. She was praised by everyone. She talked to everybody and took the utensils back to the kitchen. I saw her helping Koyeli di, thus I went to my study. I had been waiting for her since the past one hour, but she was not there. I went to the kitchen to ask Koyeli di about Mishti. She told me that she has gone to the backyard with Som and Batuk. When I went to the backyard, the image in front of me amused me. There was Mishti in pink salwar suit sitting on the top most branch of the tree eating imli. Som and Batuk we're awestruck watching her. I called her out and she almost lost her balance and I shouted, " Mishti yeh upar kya kar rahi ho... Gir jaogi, Mene tumhe bulaya tha toh tum aai nhi, aur yaha ped par baithi ho... Chalo niche aao" She frowned and came down slowly, I stood near the tree to help her down. She took a step down but went back up again. I glared at her and she said, " Mai niche nhi aa sakti, mujhe dar lag raha hai". I said mockingly, " Waah rani sahiba ko upar chadte hue dar nahi laga, par niche utarne Mai dar nhi lag raha, Chalo aao niche Mai khada hu, girne nhi dunga" She slowly came down, but slipped at the end, I caught her at the mean time and protected her from falling. She had closed her eyes tightly and was clutching onto my shirt. She slowly opened one eye and assuring that she was safe, she opened another. I glared at her and she grinned at me. I put her down and went to the study ignoring her. I could feel her calling me but, instead I left for study.

How will Bondita manofy Anirudh?

Thank you to all those who voted for the story, keep voting as it encourages us to write more.❤❤❤