11. Bondita's Birthday✨

*WRITER'S POV

Few weeks passed by in the same way, Bondita being in Das Bari used to travel to and fro from Roy Choudhury Haveli to Das Bari and vice versa. She used to wake up, complete aarti at Das Bari, then go to Roy Choudhury Haveli and complete the arti. Then she used to study, teach Batuk, go to meet her friends and neighbours. Then have dinner and study at night with her Anirudh Babu.

Bondita was feeling weird around Saudamini. Baseless taunts, unnecessary anger and ignorance. She was unaware of the turmoil going on in her head. But Bondita being the smaller one kept quiet.

Whereas Anirudh was having a big busy day, he used to leave for court in the morning and return by evening, spent some time with family and friends, have dinner and teach Bondita. He was also keeping a check on Batuk's progress. His teacher was praising Batuk. He has grown more attentive and now answers frequently in class. Anirudh knew that the credit goes to Batuk's will power and Bondita's way of teaching. He was all praises for his Bondita.

Bondita was having her birthday the next day. She thought nobody remembers, but everybody was busy with the planning. Everybody was ignoring her from morning. Sumati kaki was sad hurting Bondita but she wanted to see the surprised expression on her face. Sampoorna and Bondita had developed a great bond. So Sampoorna took her to the market. Bondita was reluctant because of her spoiled mood but still accompanied her. Bondita and Sampurna did a lot of shopping and came back home. Bondita saw that her house was not lighted. She felt a sudden urge to check if her mother was okay. She ran inside and screamed on hearing a loud sound and sudden opening of lights. She looked at her surroundings and realised what it was all about. The whole house was decorated. Everybody stood their holding balloons and Bondita was looking at them dumbfounded. She dropped the bags and launched onto her mother and took her in a bear hug. She took everybody else's blessings and was finding the one person who was behind the surprise. Her mother told her that he had some urgent work thus he had to leave. Her mother instructed her to go and change into the dress kept in her room as all big people and Englishmen and women were coming too for her birthday. She sprinted upstairs but still saddened by the fact that her Anirudh Babu couldn't be here.

She opened the gate of her room and saw two sarees kept on her bed. She took both of them in front of mirror and said, "Neeli, ya gulabi" she looked at them in confusion and then a husky voice whispered in her ear," Lal!" And a beautiful red evening gown was brought in front of her. She shivered on the voice and saw herself in the mirror. She saw her Anirudh Babu standing enough close to her to make her lose her sanity. She saw the gown and realised that it was the same gown she loved in the store that day.

She turned around, the dress still held by anirudh in the same place. She was between dress and Anirudh. She hugged him tight and he hugged her back. He whispered Happy Birthday onto Bondita's hair. Bondita murmured 'Thankyou thankyou' into his chest and Anirudh asked," Kis cheez ke liye, ye dress ya fir wish" she smiled and said," Dono ke liye.." She then asked," Aapko kese pata chala yeh dress ke baare mai?" He smiled and said," Tum jis tarah se uss din dress ko dekh rahi thi, esa lag raha tha ki tumhe agar woh dress mil jaaye toh jeevan bhar wahi pehno" She chuckled and and turned around taking the hold of dress. He asked," Tumne kyu nhi li thi yeh dress?" She said," Maine kabhi bhi English gown nhi pehne, toh mujhe pata nhi tha ki mai isme achhi lagungi ya nhi, isliye, ab aa gai na, ab toh pakka pehnungi" Anirudh chuckled and then Bondita said to him, "Ab jaaiye, mujhe taiyaar hona hai" .

After half an hour Bondita stepped down looking ethereal in that red gown of hers. Hair tied up neatly in a bun and few strands dancing down her frame.

Anirudh was mesmerized seeing her was an understatement

Anirudh was mesmerized seeing her was an understatement. Having everybody's gaze on her and being the centre of attraction made Bondita shy. She stepped down and everybody wished her. All boys had appreciating eyes on Bondita's beauty and all girls were envious of her.

Everybody was enjoying when somebody went on stage and called everybody for English Ball Dance. Saurav and Sampoorna along with other couples came to the floor. Saudamini was about to ask Anirudh for the dance when an elderly couple pulled Anirudh and Bondita on the dance floor. Saudamini stomped her leg and walked out. Bondita and Anirudh were dancing oblivious to of the world watching them. Anirudh pulled Bondita closer and said," Bohot achhi lag rahi ho" Bondita just nodded her head smiling out of shyness and Anirudh chuckled at her expression.

Bondita's Thakumaa's family along with her mama mami came to the party. Thakumaa was delighted seeing Bondita growing. Bondita's mama mami showed their disapproval on Bondita's dressing and cursed her silently. They showered her with taunts which angered Anirudh. But before Anirudh can say something she held his hand and shaked her head in a no. Anirudh stepped back but made sure to take Bondita away from everybody.

Trilochan Kaka went near Sumati Kaki and said," Bhoudi, Bondita 18 varsh ki ho gayi hai. Uske liye ek bohot achha rishta aaya hai. Aap kahe toh baat aage badau?" Anirudh thought Kaka was talking for Arjun. He was feeling weird but kept mum. Sumati said," Par Dada mujhe Bondita se baat karni hogi, ki yadi woh taiyaar ho. Bondita, tumhara kya kehna hai". Bondita seemed reluctant and was about to deny when Kaka said," Bondita beta, mana mat karna. Tum ek baar mil toh lo ladke se. Mai tumhe beti maanta hu, toh tumhare liye kabhi galat nhi sochunga. Aur agar tumhe thik na lage toh hum mana kar denge. Bas ek baar mil ke hum baat toh kare." Bondita didn't had a heart to deny him so she just nodded and said," Mai taiyaar hu milne ke liye." Everybody except Anirudh and Bondita seemed happy when Sumati said," Dada kon hai voh log, kaha se aaye hai?" Trilochan Kaka said," Bhoudi zyada kuch nhi bata sakta, par woh bhi bade Ghar se hai, unka beta padha likha hai. Baki aap milkar pata kar lijiyega. Achha toh kal le aaye unhe yaha? Kyu Binoy thik rahega na?" Binoy nodded smiling nd Sumati Kaki gave her approval.

Everybody left and Bondita was going back to her room. As soon as she entered the room she was pinned to the wall with Anirudh hovering above her. She was about to shout when Anirudh kept his hand on her mouth. Bondita was relieved to see Anirudh but punched him. He removed his hand and asked Bondita," Ye kya kiya tumne?" To which Bondita replied," Yu iss tarah darayenge toh mar toh padegi." To which Anirudh said glaring her," Is baare mai nhi baat kar raha hu. Tumne kaka ko haa kyu kaha?" To which Bondita slowed down and said going in front of mirror and removing clips from her hair," Toh kya karti, aapne dekha na Kaka kitne prem se keh rahe the, kese mana kar sakti thi?" She turned around, her open hair running down to her waist was creating havoc in Anirudh's heart. He ignored the adrenaline rush and went near Bondita, pulled her close and asked," Tum taiyaar ho vivaah ke liye?" She shaked her head in a no. He again said," Tum jaanti ho na, ki ho sakta hai woh tumhe padhne na de.." Bondita nodded and Anirudh said," Fir kya karogi..." To which Bondita said," Agar woh pasand nhi aaye toh mana kar dungi" Anirudh pulled her closer and asked," Aur yadi pasand aa gaya toh" she replied," Samay mangungi". Anirudh stepped back and left from there.

Any ideas on why Kaka is adamant on Bondita's meeting with that guy? What will Anidita do?

Guys thankyou for voting in the previous parts. I am planning something big and will soon post next part.❤️