5. Bondita in Anirudh's Clothes ✨

*Bondita's POV
I woke up at 5 and got ready and went downstairs for pooja. I saw nobody was in the temple yet. I sat down and did all the preparations for pooja by humming a beautiful prayer. I was so engaged in my own world that i didn't realised that Kaka was standing at my back. He cleared his throat and i looked back to see him looking at me adorably. He told me to do the pooja today. I did the pooja and sang the aarti. As i turned back to give aarti to kaka i saw everybody standing over there with big smiles on their face. I gave everybody aarti and prasad. Trilochan Kaka said," Beta tumhari aarti ka kamaal toh dekho, Anirudh jo aaj tak ek pooja mai bhi shamil nhi hua, aaj woh aarti bhi le raha hai. Waah beta. Aaj ehsaas ho raha hai ki ghar ki grihlakshmi wapis aa gayi hai. Anirudh ki maa ke guzarne ke baad hum hi aarti karte the. Aaj itne varsho baad laga jese ki Anirudh ki maa hi aarti gaa rahi ho." I smiled widely and told Kaka that i would be going at Das Bari to do the pooja and do the basic cleaning. He told me to take Koyeli for help, but i told that, there wasn't much work, i will do it on my own. I left for my house and did the arti. I did the basic cleaning when the Dhobi dropped off our clothes. I took Roy Choudhury's potli too as i was going the same way. As i was carrying the potli inside, i accidentally dropped the Roy Choudhury's Potli. All clothes of Anirudh Babu got scattered. Something striked my mind and i took one pair of clothes from it and got dressed in them. I always wondered what would it be like getting dressed in Men's clothes. And now I could tell that they were a lot more comfortable than ours. We could easily jump and run. If i try to do that in Saree i might break a bone or two.

I made a loose bun and wore a hat which i had brought for Som from Calcutta. I was looking like a boy. I felt extremely happy and twirled around the house. I was dancing here and there when i saw Anirudh Babu entering the mansion secretly. I got scared that he might watch me like this. I decided to run to my room as soon as possible. As i was going to my room i saw him trying to find someone, he was hiding. I hid behind the sofa to wait for him to go back as he was standing near my room. I crouched down and then heard him shout. I used the cap to hide my face and saw on my right side. He had seen me and was coming towards me. We kept running, he was trying yo catch me, but wasn't able to. A while later i saw that he was no longer at my back and i thought to go to my room. I made run for there and suddenly....

*Anirudh's POV
I got ready in the morning and heard a sweet voice singing the prayer which was usually sung by Kaka. It exactly felt like how maa used to sing the aarti. I went downstairs and saw Mishti singing arti and Kaka and Baba looking at her adorably. Something in me pulled me towards the temple. I went and joined hands in front of God after a lot of years. She turned back and gasped on seeing everybody. One thing i can surely say that she gives the best reactions. She gave us all arti and blushed when Kaka told her that it was her aarti that pulled me to the temple. She went to her home to do the work and i left for study to collect all documents to leave for court.

I was studying some documents when i saw somebody, some boy roaming in Das Bari from the window of my study. I got worried for Mishti as somebody must have broke into the mansion and also she was alone. I ran to the mansion and entered secretively. I didn't wanted to alert the thief or he might harm Mishti. I slowly entered and saw the thief hiding behind the sofa. I saw him dressed in the same way i dress. I saw him hiding his face with a hat. We ran accross the house. I realised that he wanted to enter Mishti's room. I hid near Mishti's room. I saw him running into the room when i got up and held his elbow and pulled him . I pulled his hat and to my utter shock his long hair swirled in the air and the person turned out to be Bondita. She had shut her eyes tightly. She was looking very beautiful. I saw my clothes scattered in her room. I called her out,"Bondita, aankhe kholo." She shakes her head saying a no. I said a little sternly and she opened her eyes slowly. I couldn't control my laughter anymore and laughed my wits out. She looked towards me amazed and shifted her hair back. She frowned and turned around folding her hands.

Anirudh- Kya hai yeh sab Mishti?🤣
Bondita- Kya matlab kya?😾
A- Yeh tumne ladko ke kapde kyu pehne hai?
B- Ladko ke kapde matlab, Ladke ladki ek samaan hai😾
A- Acha ji, wese apne mere kapde kyu pehne, aur yeh toh mene Dhobi ko diye the na.😕
She shifted in her place and said
B- Woh Dhobi mere kapde laya tha, toh mene aapki bhi potli le li, kyuki mai wahi aa rahi thi. Fir galti se aapki potli gir gayi aur saare kapde bikhar gaye. Aur mujhe na hamesha se Jan na tha ki ladko ke kapde kese lagte hai, toh mene pehen liye ye. Wese na bahut achhe hai aapke kapde, kitne mulayam, isme daud bhi sakte hai aur kud bhi sakte hai.

She said all this in a spree and i looked at her amazed. She saw me and spoke slowly looking down.

A- wese sorry, aap chahe toh aap bhi mere kapde pehen sakte hai, mai abhi aapko meri Sabse sundar saari deti hu.😥

She walked towards her cupboard and i stopped her being horrified.

A- Koi baat nhi Bondita, mujhe tumhari saari nhi chahiye. Achha tumhe thik lage toh mujhe kapde lauta do, hum chalte hai ghar.

She nodded and took out her clothes and went to change. I was in the hall when i saw Law books kept on the table. It looked like study material of first year. Bondita stepped down and handed me my potli.

I asked her," Mishti yeh tumhari kitaabe hai?" I could see her face lost all the colours and she smiled nervously and said," Nahi, yeh mere mitr ki hai". I understood that she was lying. I glared at her and she said truthfully, "Ha, yeh meri kitaabe hai. Maine Calcutta Law University mai apply kiya hai. Mujhe bhi barrister ban na hai." I felt my chest beaming with pride but i also felt a pang in my heart that she might leave again, i asked her , my voice heavy," Tum fir chali jaogi?" She said suddenly," Nahi, esi baat nahi hai, college walo ne mujhe ijazat di hai ki mai sirf exam dene ke liye aa sakti hu, aur joh bhi jaruri jankari hogi woh mujhe pohchahte rahenge. Par maa ko iske baare mai nhi pata." I felt relief, but i asked her, "Tumne iske baare mai sumati kaki ko kyo nhi bataya? Kya woh tumhe padhana nhi chahti?" . She said "Nahi, Maa mujhe kabhi mana nhi karengi. Par maine socha tha ki mai unhe tab bataungi jab meri scholarship accept ho jaegi. Mujhe college se kal hi phone aaya. Aur mai unhe nhi bata payi." I asked her," Toh fir sab thik hai na, par tum itni chintit kyu lag rahi ho?" She said," Par mai nahi kar paungi yeh, course bohot kathin hai, Tulsipur mai koi masterji nhi padhate yeh. Aur toh aur, yadi mere mama mami ya thakumaa ko iske baare mai pata chal gaya toh woh maa ko behla lenge aur meri shaadi karwa denge. Isliye mai unhe yeh nhi batana chahti." She had slight tears and anger filled my veins. How can people stop girls from coming forward and taking up the career they want. Why aren't they allowed to fly. I thought for sometime and said," Mai padhaunga tumhe, aur mai tumhe vishwaas dilata hu ki iske baare mai kisiko pata nhi chalega." She asked me," Abhi toh mai apke ghar mai hu, par jab maa aa jaegi tab kese padhayenge." I said," Usme kya hai, tum roz raat ko sumati kaki ke sone ke baad chat par aa jana, hum saath padh lenge table lamp ki roshni mai. Thik hai?" She nodded smiling and hugged me in excitement. I hugged her back and kept my chin on her head.