27. Saudamini is Back✨

I woke up in the morning and saw the bed empty. It was 8 by now. I got tensed and got up. I decided to go downstairs and check. As I was about to open the gate, I saw a note attached on the door. I picked it out and it read,

"Pyari Mishti,
Mujhe kuch zaruri kaam aa gaya hai, mai bahaar jaa raha hu Aniket ke saath. Surekha 10 baje aa jayegi. Woh tumhe paas ke market le jaayegi, fir woh tumhe yaha ke ek famous restaurant mai le aayegi. Hum sab saath dinner kar lenge. Shaam ko milte hai.

Tumhara,
Pati Babu"

I kept the note in my bag and decided to get ready as we were going to the market. I got ready in a plain saree with a chain, hair tied in pleats, and my shakapola and Sindoor. I went downstairs and saw the househelp was there. She gave me a warm smile and I helped her with the work. After an hour the bell rang and Surekha came in. She took me in a bear hug. I served her the breakfast despite her refusal. We left for the market and enjoyed a lot. We had chaat, we did shopping, we visited several places and returned home. She gave me a saree and told me to get ready. It was a black net saree with red border. I wore my big diamond earring and my black bangles. I kept the shakapola and Sindoor on. The blouse had a bare back and it was sleeveless. I felt confident onto wearing it. I wore a silver bajuband and got ready. I came down and saw Surekha was ready too.

We both left for the restaurant and reached their in half an hour

We both left for the restaurant and reached their in half an hour. We were escorted by the waiter to our table. Their sat Aniket. We went and greeted him. I saw that Pati Babu was no where. I asked Aniket to which he told that he might come in some time.

I was waiting for him but there was no reply from Aniket. Fear started to grip me. I went to the washroom and heard some waiters talking," Yeh Mr. Roy Choudhury ne bhijwaya hai, wo terrace par hai, make sure whenever he calls we are at his service." I slowly went up without informing Surekha and Aniket and entered the terrace. It was beautifully decorated.

I was mesmerized seeing the decorations

I was mesmerized seeing the decorations. I moved forward and came to witness the biggest shock of my life. There stood my husband in the arms of his 'beloved' ex-lover. I felt a choking feeling in my chest. I wanted to shout but no voice came out of my mouth. It felt as if the air was pulled out of me. I tried to breathe and stumbled. A vase fell down and Pati Babu looked towards me. Before he could come near me, I ran away.

*ANIRUDH'S POV

I had planned everything for the day. I was ready to confess about my feelings to Mishti. I knew that these were not new, they date back to our childhood but we were too small to realise it. I knew that Mishti liked me back. I wanted to make it special for her. I took Aniket and Surekha's help. Aniket helped me in getting the decorations done and Surekha kept Bondita busy. I was doing the last minute arrangements when somebody unexpected entered the terrace.

Their stood Saudamini in all her glory. She came near me and asked," Anirudh tum yaha, aur yeh sab?" I stepped back and said," Yeh sab Bondita ke liye hai, tum yaha kya kar rahi ho?" She smiled and said," Anirudh shayad tum bhul gaye ki mai yahi rehti hu." I remembered taht Baba told me that Saudamini has shifted to Bombay. I told her," Ho gaya tumhara, ab jao pls yaha se". She faked hurt and said," Yeh tum kesi baat kar rahe ho, Bombay itna bada sheher hai, aur yaha mera hona Bondita ki jagah sirf ek coincidence nhi hai, bhagwaan bhi yeh chahte hai ki hum ek ho jaaye." I got frustrated and turned back and said," Saudamini yeh kya bakwaas baatein kar rahi ho, tum yaha se chali jaao isse pehle ki mai security bula lu." She came and forcefully back hugged me.

I was about to shove her away when I heard the falling of vase. I looked towards the door and saw Bondita there with a pained expression on her face. Tears rolling down her cheeks. It made sure that she just saw Saudamini hugging me. She left the terrace and went downstairs. I shoved Saudamini away and ran downstairs. I saw Aniket and Surekha standing there with a confused expression. I asked them where Bondita was, to which they told that she just rushed outside and left. They tried to stop her but couldn't.

I rushed outside and tried to catch a taxi. I was unable to do so because of the downpour that started few moments ago. This caused a traffic jam. I tried my best to move forward if I could catch some vehicle. Because I knew that I can never reach home on time if I decide to travel by foot. I went forward and saw a tonga. I asked the tonga driver if he could drop me. He looked reluctant but I offered him money, more than what he charges. It made him change his mind.

He used another road which was not busy to reach our home. I went near my home and saw it was pitch black. There was no electricity. I moved in slowly and saw it was empty. I tried to find Bondita when I reached the top floor. I opened my room to come to the biggest shock of my life.

If mujhe ek khoon bhi maaf hota toh this Saudamini would have been dead...

What do you think, what made Anirudh shocked?

Will post the next part on completion of 45 votes!