7. Anidita's Fight for the Right✨

*Bondita's POV

When his hand brushed my bare back, it created a whirlpool of emotions in me. I could feel the butterflies in my tummy and heat rising to my cheeks. He would never understand what he was doing to me. He went inside to make the payment and i waited for him outside. I heard some people taking a small girl for sati. I ran to the place and saw her in the doli being taken to the fireplace.

I ran towards them and shouted,"Ruko!!". They stopped and kept the doli down. I rushed to the doli and pulled the girl out. She was hell scared. She came out with me and I hid her behind me. I shouted,"Kya kar rahe hai aap? Itni choti bachhi ko sati kar rahe hai. Abhi toh uska jeevan hi shuru nhi hua, aur abhi hi maar denge ise." Those villagers identified me and said," Bondita Malkin, aap ise jaane dijiye. Yahi reet hai, aaj iski shaadi ke baad iske pati ne dam tod diya, ab ise sati hona padega.". I got even more angry and shouted on the top of my voice," Umar dekhi hai aapne iski? Aapki pehli galti hi itni choti umar mai iski shadi karana hai, aur toh aur dusri yeh ki aap iski sati karna chah rahe hai. Aaj yadi iske pati ki jagah iski mrityu hoti, toh karte iske pati sati? Nahi na, toh samaaj ne ladka aur ladki ke liye alag niyam kyu banaye. Woh bhi toh ek hi kokh se janam lete hai. Toh fir niyam alag kyu. Yadi aap iski pati ki mrityu ka abhishaap ise mante hai, toh yadi iski mrityu hoti toh use iske pati ka abhishaap mante? " One of them said , "Malkin aap joh bhi kahe, par reet reet hoti hai, aadmi aur aurat alag hai, aurat aadmi se hamesha kam hi mani jayegi." I shouted," Kesi reet, Kis shastra mai likha hai yeh?" One of them got furious and shouted," Malkin aap had paar kar rahi hai, yaad rakhiye aap bhi ek stree hai, hame aapke saath shastraartha mai nhi ulajhna, aap bas use lauta dijiye, hum aapko jaane denge, warna..." I shouted, "Warna kya ha? Nahi dungi mai ise?"

They stepped towards us, one of the man was about to snatch her when somebody came and punched him on his face. He turned around and i saw that he was Anirudh Babu. He asked us to step back, we went back and he fought. The girl was crying hysterically. I embraced her and patted her back. She clung onto me as her life depended on me. I saw Anirudh babu has lit a fire, it divided us in two parts, one was where we were, and on one side were the cruel villagers. The girl's parents came and told me that they were kidnapped and were kept hostage. I handed them over the girl and saw a villager approaching Anirudh Babu with a log of wood. I rushed towards him and called him out. The log hit me and i felt my head blast with pain. I touched at the back of my head and felt warm liquid in my hand which was my blood. The pain ceased and everything started to black out. I could just see the villagers running back and Anirudh Babu holding me in his arms.

*Anirudh's POV
As soon as I reached the spot I saw Bondita protecting a small girl and fighting for her. I heard everything. Her arguments proved her perfect for being a barrister. My chest beamed with pride. This is the mentality that every girl should adopt if they want freedom. Her fighting spirit and the way she was protecting the child amazed me. I saw some men rushing to hurt them, this I interuppted and fought. I was fighting when I heard Mishti's scream and saw her being hit by a big wooden log. I understood that the hit was directed towards me but Mishti stepped in to protect me. My heart squeezed seeing the blood oozing out of her head. I rushed and and picked her in my arms. I took her to the hospital. A man, a woman and that small girl also accompanied me. I understood that they were the girl's parents. The doctors rushed her to OT and I slumped back in the chair. I called back home and it was Baba who picked up the phone.

A- *crying* Baba....
B- *worried* Kya hua beta, tum ro rahe ho, sab thik hai na?
A- *Sobbing* Baba Bondita...
B- Kya hua beta Bondita ko? Jaldi batao kya hua...

Anirudh told that she was hit by a log and Binoy rushed to the hospital with others.

*WRITER'S POV

There Anirudh was sitting emotionless. Everybody rushed towards him. Everybody asked how it happened, Anirudh told everything and he broke into sobs. Binoy embraced him. The doctor came out and Anirudh sprinted towards him. The doctor told," Unhe bohot gehri chot aai hai, blood loss bohot zyada hua hai, hume khun chadana hoga, baki sab thik hai, humne MRI bhi kr li, blood clotting ki koi sambhavna nhi hai, kyuki unka khoon beh chuka hai. Aap sabhi apna blood test karwa lijiye, jiska bhi match karega woh apna khun de de." Everybody got themselves tested. It was Saurav whose blood matched with Bondita and he donated it. Anirudh was still worried. Everybody knew that he would be okay once doctor tells that she is fine.

After some time doctor came out and told them that Bondita is alright. She is on anesthesia and would wake up anytime the next hour. Also they had done the dressing and also advised to make sure that she is on bed rest for next three days, also to make sure that she doesn't sleep on her back, or it might put the pressure on injury.

Saudamini was there too. She was jealous watching Anirudh's care for Bondita. She grew up having a crush on Anirudh, but never told him. Whereas Anirudh always considered her as a friend. As she grew up, her ordinary crush turned to obsession. When she was small she didn't paid heed to Anirudh's care for Bondita, but as they have grown big now, she is envious of Bondita, her beauty and her intellect. As Anirudh and Bondita were getting closer day by day, she chose to make her presence evident in Anirudh's life. She started to frequently visit Anirudh's work place. She saw Anirudh and Bondita doing something in his study at late nights. She used to come every now and then to keep a check. Now she was determined that she had to do something to get his love back.

*Anirudh's POV
Listening to doctor, I heaved a sigh of relief. The doctor told that Bondita would wake up anytime now. Kaka advised me to go and get changed as my shirt was soaked in Bondita's blood and Bondita won't like my shabby look. I went home to get changed. I had an introspection and realised that i never in my life felt so helpless and so worried. It felt like as if somebody has snatched my breath. I knew that it was not normal. Whatever i was feeling for Bondita was way beyond friendship. But i wanted to give time to us, to evolve and to realise our feelings gradually. Thus i rushed to the hospital.

I got to know that Bondita is awake and is calling for me. I rushed inside and saw Bondita watching the ceiling. I sat beside her and it broke her reverie. She looked towards me and her eyes filled with tears. A lone tear dropped out of her eye. It broke all the barriers and i hugged her tight, nuzzling my face in her hair and cried my heart out. She stroked my hair and mumbled sweet nothing's to assure me that she was fine. Atlast she whispered," Hey dugga ma, Aap thik hai, aapko kahi chot toh nhi lagi" . I looked at her amazed, she was here admitted in the hospital and she was worried about me. I stroked her hair and said almost breaking down again," Kya zarurat thi hero ban ne ki, agar tumhe kuch ho jata toh". She smiled and said, holding my hand," Mujhe kese kuch hota? Aap the na mere saath. " I kissed our joined hands and she blushed turning her head to other side.

WHITE_ROSE_1010 dishi2307 Thanks for the immense support guys. Your comments really encouraged me. ❤❤

Guys, I have three parts ready in advance. As soon as this part crosses 25 votes, I will update the next.

Lots of love❤