33. Shubra-Sumati Gruh Udyog✨

Days and Months passed by... Anirudh and Bondita grew closer and stronger. Batuk had his exams and excelled in his studies. Seeing the increasing pressure of different chores on Bondita, especially of gruh udyog, he suggested Batuk to study on his own, as he had already covered the left course. All the construction work of the building was complete. They had to only convince the ladies for coming and working.

*Flashback
"Mujhe nhi lagta koi bhi aurat aana chahegi gruh udyog mai." Said a dejected Anirudh. Bondita said," Par kyu nhi aaengi?". Anirudh sighed and said," Kyuki koi bhi parivar apne ghar ki aurto ko ijazat nhi dega kaam karne ke liye.". Bondita got even more confused and said,"Aur yadi aurtein khud aana chahe toh unhe koi nhi rok sakta hai na?". "Ha par kya aurte manengi?" He asked looking at her. "Ha, kyu nhi manengi, mai manaungi unhe" She said confidently. He said," Par tumhari baat kyu manengi? Tum Roy Choudhury Haveli ki badi malkin ho, tumhare aadesh par woh aa jaye, par aagrah par nhi aaengi." She said grinning," Yadi mai unke saath ghul mil jaaun toh manengi woh baat meri." Anirudh asked her frowning," Kya karna chahti ho tum Bondita?". She said," Nadi, ek hafte nahane nadi par jaungi, waha sabse baat chit karungi, fir manaungi."

Bondita has been going for bath on river despite Anirudh's denial. She has become a part of all the ladies. They often invite each other for tea and snacks. It was their last day, Bondita called them," Mujhe ek baat bataiye, ap mai se kitni aurte apne pati par nirbhar ya besahara hai paiso ke liye?" Everybody raised their hand. Bondita widened her eyes. She asked, "Kis kis ko yeh khyaal aata hai ki yadi mai kaam karti toh mera atma samman hota?" Everybody raised their hand again. Then she explained them the need to be self dependent. Every lady agreed with her. They met and discussed their plans professionally. All the necessary things were brought up. Ladies started to revolt and came out to work. Men were angry on their Choti Malkin for influencing their Bahu betiyan. They wanted revenge, great revenge.

Bondita was passing by the street to purchase raw materials for their clothing work. She was passing by the pagdandi kind of road to reach her car , at that very moment, somebody hit her by stone. The stone straight away landed on her forehead. She yelped in pain and nobody came to help. The stone being sharp and heavy caused a big wound. She tried to get up and go to car. She was walking holding her bleeding head but she felt dizzy. She got unconscious in the middle of field. Som was passing by as he had to buy some books from the same market. Som saw Bondita, picked her up and rushed back. He took her to the nearby hospital and called at home. Anirudh was at his office. They called him without telling about Bondita. He saw everybody together at the hospital and sumati maa crying and Batuk and Som consoling her. He got a hint that something was wrong with Bondita. He rushed inside and saw Bondita laying unconscious on the bed. Som told him everything, Anirudh was furious, how can somebody hurt such an innocent soul.

He walked out and was pulled by Kaka and Baba. They tried to convince him to leave the udyog work. Anirudh was silent, not speaking anything. Som came and told him that his Boudi is awake now. Everybody rushed to her to ask her condition. She affirmed them all with a smile. Everybody left Anirudh and Bondita alone. Anirudh held her hand, his eyes brimming with tears. He said," Nahi chahiye esi kranti jisse mai apna parivaar kho du. Band kar denge iss udyog ko hum." Bondita chided him and he said," Par hum Gaav valo ko kese manayenge?" Bondita smirked and told her plan.

Bondita was given a bed rest. Doctor told that she had an injury on her head back in time too. It's not good for her health. She should take a bed rest and no stress. Bondita was shifted back to home.

As per Bondita's plan, anirudh explained the ladies the plan. He had stopped the work in udyog. Also them being the zamindaar, they raised the taxes on land. Increased expenses required increased income. The ladies of the house requested them to let them go and work. Due to which udyog was run again. Slowly they decreased the taxes back to normal, a fear was in their mind that people should not withdraw working in udyog. But nobody minded some extra income and luxury. Ladies continued to work and Udyog worked in full spree. Everything was going on smoothly. They also received funds from Sabarmati Ashram. Gandhiji's main workers came and expressed the need for female education to remove Britishers. They had set the school and started female education too. Udyog was taken care by Sumati, as she was herself a lady and bonded with the ladies more. She was educated and qualified for the work too.

Bondita got well, she had decided to reveal the news of her education too. She had excelled in her first exams by going to Kolkata with her pati Babu. Family considered it as a small vacation but only the couple knew the intention. Bondita has came as the first ranker in her batch.

Everybody was dining and celebrating the six months to Anidita's wedding. Bondita served them food and sat down with them to have her food.

*BONDITA'S POV

I was having my food when I felt a feet slide up in my saree. I immediately looked down and saw my Pati babu's leg on mine. I glared at him and he paid no heed, instead he smirked. I focused on food when I felt my saree rising up and up. I immediately removed his leg. He gave me an innocent expression and I diverted my attention on Som who was talking to me about something. I felt his hand travel down my waist to my navel. He swirled his fingers there and teased me over and over. I tried to remove his hand but instead he tightened his grip. Som doubted my behaviour thus I had to maintain no care expression. It gave him even more access. He teased my navel, I clutched the table to control the butterflies in my stomach. His fingers moved on my back and travelled up. I could feel his hand going inside my top on my back. I tried to remove it without any notice but I couldn't.

Suddenly somebody came from our back and he had to remove his hand. I was relieved. Bihari Babu came and handed a letter to Baba, he read it and I can see his face fuming. He looked at me and I looked at him. He passed the letter to Som who passed it to Pati babu. Before he could read it, baba whispered it's contents in Kaka Sasurji's ear. I could see Ksj face turn red in anger. He immediately stood up and left his food in between. Baba left the food too and everybody followed him except me and Pati babu. I looked towards him and saw that his face lost all its colours. I asked him the matter and he told me it's a letter from my college, they had congratulated me for the first position and want me to attend the college on a regular basis for the next two terms.

I felt as if the ground was swept off my feet. I stood up and moved to the hall to face it, because I knew this time was going to come.

What are your thoughts, how will the family react?

Will end this book in next 2-3 parts. Hope you guys like this part. Will post the next one on completion of 55 votes.
🥺❤️