21. Growing Closer❤️

I rushed downstairs and went towards the temple. Today I had to perform the aarti as Roy Choudhury's Bahu for the first time. As I came down Kaka Sasurji, I have started calling him as Kaka Sasurji now, said," Bahu kya hua? Tum itni laal kyu ho rahi ho aur itni haaf kyu rahi ho? Tumhari tabiyat toh thik hai na. Aur Anirudh kaha hai?" Batuk and Som taking the cue started to cough and exchanged teasing glances. I was even more embarrassed than I could be. I said stuttering," Kaka Sasurji wohh.... Thik hu mai, Aa rahe hai woh... Aaiye hum pooja ki taiyaari kar le..." He nodded and came with me to the Temple.

I did the preparations for the same and stood up taking the aarti ki thaal. Kaka Sasurji interuppted me and said," Bahu, wese toh aaj yeh pooja tum dono ko saath karni hai, koshish kar kar dekh lo Anirudh yadi kar le pooja." I nodded and we waited for him. He came and stood in the temple. I could feel his piercing gaze and I blushed more furiously than I could. Kaka Sasurji again said worriedly, "Beta hame nhi lagta ki tumhari tabiyat theek hai, tumhara chehra fir laal ho gaya." He came and touched my face," Beta tumhara chehra bhi garam ho raha hai, hua kya hai?" Batuk whisper screamed," Dada hue hai" Though he tried to whisper but it came out loud and everybody looked towards him then us. I glared at Batuk and he hid behind Som. Everybody broke into fits of laughter seeing my embarrassed state.

I then moved and took the pooja thal ignoring all and called Anirudh Babu out," Suniye, aaj hame pooja saath karni hai" To which he got angry and left. My face fell and everybody gave me sympathetic glances. I was lighting the diya and was about to start the pooja when somebody came and held the thali with me. It was Anirudh Babu, he had changed into kurta pajama. I smiled big and he gave me a small smile. We did the pooja and took everybody's blessings. Kaka Sasurji was delighted to see his son performing the aarti for the first time ever, that too as a couple.

We all moved to the table and I served them the breakfast. I was nervous, though I cooked good and everybody liked my food, still, because it was my first rasoi. They all had the first bites and exchanged glances when Anirudh Babu said a little loudly," Kya hai yeh Bondita? Kesa banaya hai?" I became a nervous wreck. Kaka Sasurji said firmly," Bahu yeh kya banaya hai? Ese kese kar sakti ho tum?" I was almost about to faint out of fear. It was one of the drawback of being perfectionist. My face would have definitely turned pale. Baba on seeing my condition laughed out and said," Beta yeh sab log mazaak kar rahe hai, tum ghabrao nhi. Bohot swadisht hai khana." I heaved a sigh of relief and I glared at others. They raised their hands on defeat and I was rewarded by Kaka Sasurji. He gave me the necklace of Shubhra Maa.

After the breakfast, I did the preparations for lunch and moved to study, there stood my dear husband reading his books. I went in front of him and took away his book. He was startled and looked at me. I took the cloth and started dusting the book. He looked at me and then asked for his book. I ignored him and he looked at me surprised. He sat on his chair and started reading his newspaper. I took the newspaper, neatly folded it and kept it in a corner and wiped the table clean. I was about to move away when he held my hand and pulled me. I straight away landed on his lap. I gasped and tried to get up but instead he tightened his hold. He slowly grazed my bare waist and I looked at him with wide eyes. I tried to remove his hand but instead he pinched my waist. I screamed in pain and rubbed my waist and then hit him on his chest. I pouted and said," Kya kar rahe hai aap? Lag gai na mujhe..". To which he said," Aur joh tum mujhe ignore kar rahi ho?" To which I said with pursed lips trying to maintain a serious expression," Aapne bhi mazak kiya tha na, mai bhi mazaak hi kar rahi hu" and I broke into laughter. I was laughing when I felt his intense gaze. I looked towards him and he looked at me with a mischievous expression and said," Bohot hasi aa rhi hai na, ab haso" He started tickling me and I laughed out loud. I threw my head back and laughed. He stopped and I rested my head on his chest panting as I was still on his lap. I said slowly," Can I stay I bit longer?" To which he said," Stay Forever!" I smiled into his chest and cuddled. He held me close. He removed my pallu and played with my hair.

We were in our own world when Som entered the study all of a sudden, he shrieked and turned back. He said, "Maine kuch nhi dekha". I stood up from his lap and adjusted my hair and pallu. Anirudh Babu said sternly," Som piche mudo". He turned back with his hand on his eyes, he slowly peeked from between his fingers, ensuring that he is not witnessing anything personal of his dada and Bhoudi, he removed his hand. I had my gaze down to the floor. Anirudh Babu said to him," Kyu aaye the yaha?" To which he picked up a book and said," Bas yahi lene aaya tha... Shotti..." To which Anirudh Babu said," Knock karna chahiye na aane se pehle". He said slowly," ab mujhe kaha pata tha ki aap log study mai romance karoge". Anirudh Babu heard this and glared at Som and Som ran out saying that he will keep it in mind from now onwards. I followed him out too.

They are so cutee. Aren't they???

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions on how story should proceed, please comment. I will be really thankful. I am running out of plots and might end the story soon if nothing strikes my mind.

Thankyou guys for voting on the previous part, your votes and comments encourage me to write more and post frequently.

Next part will be posted after this completes 40 votes.❤️