ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 7

The next few days me and Percy settled into a routine that almost felt normal, if you didnt count the fact that instead of school lessons we learned sword fighting. Each morning Percy took Greek lessons from Annabeth when i took lessons after dinner.

Ancient Greek wasn't that hard to read. During the day we would rotate through lessons. I hit the bullseye every time and Percy didnt hit any of the targets. In fact he got an arrow tangled in Chiron's tail-hair. The old Latin teacher wouldn't stop grumbling about it.

I used to think i was a good runner but i was left in the dust when the instructor took off. Even Percy was faster than me. 

Poor Percy was astonishingly awful at wrestling. I won some i lost some.

"There's more where that came from punk," Clarrise said to Percy.

The only thing Percy excelled at was canoeing not a very heroic talent to be honest. Everyone seemed to be watching me and Percy to see who our godly parents were. 

"Oh Perc i forgot to tell you that i may or may not have found part of my powers," i told him.

"What! Do tell," he said back.

"I created this white wall almost made out of moonlight when i got really angry."

"Hmmmm. I dont know."

The counsellors would be having a hard time. I wasn't as strong as the Ares kids. I didnt have Hephaestus' skill. Or gods forbid Dionysus' way with vines. Luke told me i could be Hermes a jack of all trades. He said this kind of sadly. 

Despite all of this i loved camp. I got used to the morning fog, the smell of strawberries when i wake up and the grumbling in the night. Me and Percy would eat dinner with cabin 11, scrape part of my meal into the fire and tried to feel a connection. Nothing came. Ever.

Thursday afternoon I went to the training arena to see Luke teaching Percy a new trick that I hadn't learned. 

"Yo Luke. New tricks?"

"Nice to see you Adelia after you beat me."

"Yes well beginners luck.. teach me this trick please" he arched his eyebrow. "Pretty please"

"Fine watch me and Percy first."

So i did i watched them for half an hour. Percys session was over so i went to Luke.

"Since i beat you does that mean I'm the best swords woman in the best 200 years."

"Well no. You have to beat the soldier 3 times on the battlefield - not in training - to do it."

"One day then" I told him. 

Luke started teaching me different moves and let me tell you it was definitely begiinners luck. God damn Luke was good.

Another crowd had formed to watch. What was it with people watching me. Even Percy was there.