ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 15

Adelias POV

Argus drove us out of the countryside and onto the highway. Grover was on one side of me and Annabeth the other as Adelia refused to sit next to me. 

"So far so good," i said breaking the tension, "Ten miles and not a single monster." Adelia shot me an irritated look and Annabeth sighed through her nose. 

"It's bad luck to talk to talk that way."

"Remind you why you hate me so much." 

"I don't hate you."

"Wow thanks could have fooled me."

"Look we aren't supposed to like each other. Our parents are rivals"

"Why?" 

She sighed "How many reasons do you want? One time my mum caught Poseidon with his girlfriend in Athenas temple, which is hugely disrespectful by the way. Another time Athena became patron of Athens instead of Poseidon." 

"I mean if she's invented pizza-"

"Forget it"

Argus dropped us at the Greyhound Station on the Upper East Sid. Taped to a mailbox was a soggy flyer 

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BOY?

I ripped it down before anyone can see. Smelly Gabe was probably playing poker and not even missing my mom. 

Grover shouldered his backpack. He gazed down the street. "You want to know why she married him Percy?" 

I stared at him, "We're you reading my mind or something?"

"You reading my mind G-man?"

"Nope just your emotions, satyrs can do that"

"The fuck?"

"Your mom married Gabe to cover up your demigod scent." I went silent mum mom shouldn't have done that for me, not if it made her unhappy. Hades was going to give her back. He had too. 

We boarded a bus together. Annabeth and Adelia taking one set of seats. Me and Grover taking the opposite set. Suddenly Annabeth looked at me with wide eyes. 

"What?" Then i realised what. Mrs Dodds was alive. "I thought you said they were dispelled for a lifetime!"

"She said if your lucky dummy, god" Adelia said. I glared at her. It wasn't cool that he got a nickname. She barely knew him right? Why was she blushing anyway after? Why did her and Annabeth hand back? 

"It's ok we can slip out the windows." 

"They dont open." Grover said. 

"A back exit?"

"Nope," Adelia said. 

It was a total blur after that. Adelia ended up piggyback riding one if the furies. I made the bus crash and burn(literally but i wont get into that). 

Now i know that there are Greek gods are out there i have someone to blame. 

"You were pretty good out there" i said to Adelia trying to make a truce. She seemed to accept. 

"You think so?"

"Anybody who can piggyback ride one of those fuckers is good with me"

She stifled her laugh. We carried on walking talking about anything and everything. She tripped over a root all of a sudden and tumbled around a corner.

"Adelia you ok?" I yelled trying not to laugh at the hilariousness of it. 

"Ya but guys... Whats this?" We climbed through the hole she created and saw something that looked to me like