ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 8

Percy's POV (OMG THE FIRST ONE)

Friday afternoon i was sitting with Grover at the lake, resting from the climbing wall. Me and Grover continued to talk until my mouth was sore. Finally i asked about the four empty cabins.

"Number 8 the silver one belongs to Artemis,"Grover said, "She vowed to be a maiden forever. So of course, no kids. The cabin is, you know, honorary. If she didnt have one she would be mad."

"Yeah okay what about the ones at the end...The Big Three?"

"Well no one of them belongs to Hera you know another honorary thing. She's goddess of marriage so no kids either. When we say 'Big Three' we mean - "

"Zeus, Hades and Poseidon," I interrupted.

"Right. Zeus got the sky. Poseidon got the sea and Hades got the Underworld. But Hades doesn't have a cabin here."

"But in the myths Zeus and Poseidon had a gazillion kids."

"About sixty years ago, after World War 2 the big three agreed they wouldn't sire new hero's. Their kids were too powerful and altered the course of the world too much."

So we talked on and on. 

That night after dinner it was much more exciting then usual.

At last it was time for capture the flag. After dinner was finished the conch horn blew. Campers yelled and cheered. Annabeth and some of her siblings ran in carrying a silk banner. It had a barn owl above an olive branch as its symbol. 

"Ares and Athena all hold the banners at the moment," Luke whispered to me. 

"Whose side are we on?"

"We have a.. temporary alliance with Athena. Tonight we capture from Ares and YOU are going to help."

Apparently to gain alliances you traded shower times, chore schedules and the best slots for activities to win. Athena was with Hermes and Apollo. 

Ares was with everyone else. Chiron hammered his hooves against the marble. 

"Heroes," he announced. "You know the rules the creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be visible and no more then two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed but no killing or maiming. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. ARM YOURSELF!"

He spread his hands and tables were covered with equipment, swords armour, spears and shields. 

"Your on border patrol," Luke said and wandered off. I had no idea what that meant. I looked over to find Annabeth to ask but i saw Adelia and by the gods she was pretty. Her curly hair was pulled up in a tight ponytail and she flipped the sword in her hand. She looked like a warrior. A leader. 

Annabeth yelled, "Blue Team, forward." I caught up to her and asked. 

"Hey got any magic items you can loan me?" 

"Just watch out for Clarisse's spear. You dont want that touching you. Has Luke given you a job?"

"Yea Border Patrol whatever that means."

"It's easy. Stand by the creek keep the reds away. Leave the rest to me. Athena always has a plan"

"Oh.." i thought i would be doing something better but lets hope something exciting happens. I split off from the group and surprisingly so did Adelia. 

"You on border patrol too?" She asked

"Yeah" 

"Cool" and so we went in silence. I noticed she had a bow and quiver. An archer then. 

"You go in the trees and shoot anyone who is far enough away and ill deal with he people close." she nodded her head and climbed. She was a monkey. Ive never seen someone climb so fast. She sat in the tree and waited.

She looked so at peace it made me wonder what she would be like in a real battlefield. 

Suddenly the underbrush exploded.

"Cream the punk!" Clarisse yelled. Her and 5 other Ares campers came out of the bush. I managed to sidestep the kids first swing and heard a thunk next to me. I'm assuming it was Adelia. I pressed my back against hers. Clarisse then thrust her spear at me and i blocked with my shield. I felt a tingling all over my arm and it went numb. 

Electricity. Her stupid spear was electric. 

"Give them a haircut," she yelled. I managed to raise my sword arm but Clarisse knocked it aside.

"Oh, wow, I'm scared of this guy. Really scared." I saw Adelia trying to creep up behind them so i stalled. 

"The flags that way," and i pointed. 

"Yeah," on of the siblings said. "But see we dont care about the flag we care about the guy that made our cabin look stupid."

"You do that without my help." Two of them came at me but then with a battle cry Adelia jumped and started slashing and stabbing in a frenzy. Two of them backed out and i found the strength to battle on of them while she battled Clarisse and the other one. 

Mine slashed me pretty badly. 

"No..maiming..," i managed to get out. 

"Oops guess i lost my dessert privileges." And then Adelia bonked him on the head. Now it was just me Adelia Clarisse and one more. Clarisse and Adelia fought.

My guy came at me and i jumped back into the water. It seemed to wake me up and i battled him in the creek. He became unconscious quickly.  Clarisse was left and Adelia slashed across her stomach leaving a cut but not very deep. I heard rustling and saw Annabeth. 

"You set us up, you put us here cause you knew Clarisse would come after me. You had it all figured out"

"I told you Athena always has a plan." She looked at Adelia and winked. 

I turned to Adelia. 

"Why aren't you mad at this?"

"Because i knew!" She smirked. I was fuming. 

"So you knew and let me get beaten up. Some friend you are" she looked hurt. Good. 

"Sorry Percy but you have to take risks." Her smile was fading

"NOT WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR FRIENDS!"

"IF ITS WHATS BEST PERCY THEN YES YOU DO NEED TO," she yelled matching my tone.

"MAYBE THATS WHY YOUR PARENTS DECIDED TO DUMP YOU IN A BOX AND LEAVE YOU!" I hit a low blow there and i knew it. I just realised everyone was watching. 

"YOU KNOW WHAT PERCY NOT ALL OF US CAN HAVE FAMILIES WHO LOVE US AND CARE ABOUT US YOU JUST ARE LUCKY. JACKASS" 

White smoke started to come off of her and she the plants around her started to shift into different animals. A tiger, a lion. They all turned to me and just as soon as they'd come they vanished. Adelia then looked at her hands and back at me. She then collapsed and i rushed forward to help her but a wall of moonlight or something stopped me. I stepped back into the water to regain strength and i had a tugging in my gut. the same one I felt at the toilets. So on instinct i lifted my hands to create a wall and smashed it against Adelias and hers caved. The water disappeared before it could touch her. 

"All hail Percy Jackson, Son of the Sea God! All hail Adelia, Daughter of...Artemis?" Chiron said.

Everyone started murmuring. Artemis was a maiden. No kids. Was this a mistake. 

"Your head-" we both said at the same time then looked up. I had a green trident swirling above mine. Adelia had a bow and arrow above hers. 

"Percy Adelia Annabeth my office now!" Chiron said

(WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? You may be wondering... well wait and see!)