ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 20

(MATURE ONE skip past the part you dont like)

Adelia's POV: 

It was all Annabeths idea. 

She loaded us into a taxi as if we actually had the money and said, "Los Angeles please."

"That's three hundred miles for that kid, you gotta pay upfront" the driver said chewing on his cigar. 

"you accept casino credit cards?"

"Some of 'em. Same as credit card innit. Gotta swipe it through first." Annabeth handed over her green Lotus card. The driver looked at it sceptically. 

"Swipe it," Annabeth invited. He did and his machine started rattling. The lights flashed and finally an infinity sign came up next to the dollar sign. 

The driver opened his mouth so that his cigar fell out. "uh...where to your highness?"

"The Santa Monica Pier and get us there fast please," Annabeth said sitting up a little straighter. I could tell she liked the whole 'Your Highness' thing. Percy snorted and Annabeth sent him a glare. The cabs speedometer never dropped below 95. 

We had loads of times to talk on the road and Percy told us about his dream. He couldn't remember much other than a servant was talking to this very old thing. He couldn't remember the things nickname. 

"The Silent One?" Annabeth said, "The Rich One? Those are both names for Hades." 

"Maybe..." Percy said but he didnt sound convinced. They went on and on until Percy said it didnt feel like a god. Something much older. Annabeth's eyes widened. 

"What what is it?" I asked. 

"Nothing.. i was just- no it has to be Hades. Maybe he sent this thief to retrieve the master bolt and it went wrong." 

"Maybe the furies thought we had retrieved the bolt?" I said. 

"Yeah that would make sense..." Grover said.

"but why would I be coming to Hades if i had the bolt?" Percy asked.

"To threaten Hades," Grover said visibly thinking, "Or to bribe or blackmail him into giving you your mother back." Percy whistled.

"Damn Grover you have evil thoughts for a goat." I said shivering. 

"Why thank you!" Eventually we passed a sign that read:

𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎, 𝟷𝟸 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜

Percy seemed nervous the rest of the ride. 

At sunset the taxi driver dropped us off at the beach. The sun was just over the Pacific Ocean making it shimmer under the light. 

"What now?" I asked

Percy stepped into the turf. "Percy what are you doing?" Annabeth asked. He kept walking. 

"Percy do you know how polluted that water is it's full of-" His head went under. We waited a good 5 minutes before Percy came up again. When he came up he showed us some pearls a Neried had given to him. 

"No gift comes without a price," Grover said. He was just a bundle of joy today. And on that happy thought we turned our backs to the sea. We took a bus to West Hollywood. We had a close call with the bus driver who recognised Percy from the news. we made a swift lie and then left the bus as fast as possible. We ducked into alleyways twice to avoid cop cars.