One Direction

I know that some of you may not be fans of One Direction but please, let me release my emotions and if you have any negative comments, please keep them to yourself.

A few days ago, I heard that Zayn Malik was taking a break and this morning, I heard he was leaving the band.

I have been listening to One Direction since I was in middle school and I am currently a sophomore.

When I was in middle school, I was pretty lonely.

Then one Christmas Day, I got an iPod.

Then another day, I heard girls singing "What Makes You Beautiful" in the P.E. Locker rooms.

I thought "I'll check these guys out."

That night, I typed in "One Direction" into the Youtube search bar.

That was the best decision of my life.

I got more into them and I would stay up all night watching their videos despite the fact that I would have school the next day or that day.

They made me laugh with their antics and their childish, silly behavior and I remember pre-ordering their albums and looking up concert dates for a concert near my city.

I had realized that I finally had something or some people to look forward to after I got out of school. I looked forward to One Direction and if they released something or even if they had said something new or I'd watch something old or their interviews.

Then one Christmas Day, I opened a box and I found One Direction and 5SOS tickets and I can't tell you how much my emotions and excitement skyrocketed. This gift covered for my upcoming birthday and my Christmas present. My birthday was less than a month before that concert.

A matter of fact, I didn't care for what I got for my birthday because guess what? I'm going to go see One Direction in less than a month.

I'm going to go see five or nine amazing boys and as long as that happens, I'll be happy.

That day, my joy and excitement was uncontrollable. I was jumpy and shaky because guess what? I had been waiting for this day to come for three to four years.

I had been hoping and pressing for this day, this concert.

Nobody could ruin this day for me.

I didn't have the best seats but they were seats, nonetheless.

They were seats giving me the view of the boys I had dedicated three or four years to.

That night, I didn't care. I wore my favorite jeans and my One Direction t-shirt and despite my jeans ripping the next day, that concert made me the happiest girl on Earth.

I mean, the last time I wore my favorite jeans was at the first concert I had ever seen of my favorite artists.

Often times, people would call them "gay" or "fags" when really, they don't even know how precious these boys are.

They had produced a charity single for the kids and families in Ghana who live in poverty. They visited a childrens hospital and spent time with these children like they were family. One of the band members donated over 100,000 vaccines for the children and families.

Nobody looks at that except for the fans.

There are people, but not all, who stick to calling them horrible names that these boys don't deserve.

People can call me "obsessive" and say that it's "only a phase" but really, you don't know until it happens to you.

You don't know until you discover this band that has helped you through dark times indirectly.

So when I heard Zayn had left, it took me awhile to register this.

How does one take in this fact when they have dedicated 3-5 years of their life to this band? When a member leaves and their fan knows that it won't be the same?

I stayed up watching their video diaries, X Factor performances, their interviews, and their movies.

People tend to make fun of someone's favorite band but a lot of the time, they don't know just how much their favorite band has affected them.

Please, if someone loves a band, don't make fun of them for it because one day, that person's band could split or a member could leave, and it can break their heart faster than lava burns.

I love you all.

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Night.

Xx

-Moni