Chapter Twenty-Five

I can't deny the fact that I do like Colton.

I don't know what made me kiss him back.

Maybe it was how soft his lips felt against mine - the softness and firmness.

Maybe it's the attraction I feel to him right at this moment.

Or maybe it could be the calming feeling of my nerves.

I didn't know.

All I know is that now it's inevitable. I know that this will be going through my head for the next week, possibly month, and that I won't be able to avoid this topic nonetheless.

It was sweet and blissful with the soft touching of our lips and his hand caressing my cheek.

If anything, this was not at all how I imagined my first kiss to be. It's the exact opposite. I imagined it with Donny Wilson back when I had a crush the size of Asia on him. I had never imagined myself kissing Colton Grey and as much as I hate to admit it, this kiss was addictive.

No wonder Chloe always comes back in the odd hours of the night.

Chloe.

Her name alone made me pull away from the gorgeous blue-eyed boy in front of me.

He looked hazy. I, on the other hand, am sure that my expression was shocked.

The nervousness built up again along with the pity and sorrow I felt for myself.

I fell for his kiss like every other girl has. I liked his kiss that I'm sure every other girl has gotten a taste of.

As we reached the bottom, I hurriedly got out of the small seating and took off towards the beach. It was nearing the dark of night and realizing what I had just done, made me want steer clear of Colton.

Stupid is the only word I could use to describe myself.

I know that Chloe is his go-to girl - his hookup, his reliever, his toy. She was also the girl who made my life a living hell, back then and even now.

"Poor Elliana, can't even do a push-up? You could really use the exercise. Too bad you can't do it."

"Don't even walk you fat bitch. I can see the way your thighs jiggle. It's disgusting."

"Seriously, put on a sweater. Nobody wants to see the way your stomach juts out. It's gross, fatass."

All the times that she threw those comments at me and everybody's laughter resonated around the room, I didn't say anything. I couldn't do anything. It was practically a 30-1 ratio. The only person to reassure me that I wasn't fat like everyone said, was Kara. She's always been outspoken.

"Well Chloe, nobody wants to see your fake jugs spill out but that's not stopping you now, is it?"

That kiss probably meant nothing to him. If anything, he's always going to be a player.

But he got you a rabbit and ice cream.

Any guy can win you a stuffed animal and buy you an ice cream.

Any guy can take you on a Ferris wheel and kiss you at the top.

But do you think any guy can make you feel the admiration you feel for Colton?

No. No other guy will make me admire them like that because a whole bunch of them are complete assholes unless they're your best friends.

Asking myself these questions just made me question Colton even more.