Chapter Forty-Six

Why I felt like these arms wouldn't let me go? I didn't know.

But I felt like I wouldn't be let go.

That was a false thought of mine.

I'd only be by myself soon.

Minnesota.

Waterside, Minnesota.

I started the slow walk to my house and opened the door, only to smell a fowl stench.

"That's gross." I muttered, making my way to the kitchen where I opened the fridge and the stench intensified. "Not like I'm going to be using this much longer." I said, closing it and going to search for a can of Febreze.

I felt a muscular pair of arms wrap around my waist as I made my way into the bathroom.

My instant reaction was to try and nail this guy in his balls whoever he is but when I turned around, it was Colton.
His deep-blue eyes directing their gaze into my hazel eyes. "What the hell is wrong with you, Colton? I was going to knee you."

"Well, it wouldn't have been the first time that has happened." He said.

"Did you follow me here?" I asked, regaining my breath.

"I'm next door. It didn't take long to find you." He said. "And I saw you leave." He backed up and released his arms from my waist. He let go. "I looked out the window."

"Of course you did."

"So when are your relatives getting here?" He asked. "They do get here today, right?"

"Yeah. They should be here soon." I answered.

"Why did you come back to pack? I thought that you didn't want to leave."

"Who said I came to pack?" I smiled. "I came here to look in my dads office."

He was about to open his mouth again but I already knew what he was going to say. "And before you ask, there is a horrible smell downstairs and I need to fix that issue, therefore, I need Febreze."

"Well, we should just search for now, shouldn't we?" He asked.

"I really don't want to." I said.

"Then why did you come here?" He walked to my dads former office as I followed. "Why'd you come if you don't want to?"

"Brendan said something about our dads yesterday." I slowly walked in.

"He said that they were brothers."

"Well, then that's a whole new plot twist." He said.

"I know." I added. "I just want to find evidence."

"I thought you were beginning to trust Brendan." He said, walking over to his desk and beginning to search through the drawers.

"If you had to earn my trust over a long period of time, what makes you think Brendan is going to earn it in a few days?"

He grinned. "I don't know."

"But we only have an hour, Colton."

He groaned. "Don't remind me."

"It's not like you'd be able to avoid it." I said. "You can't run from it."

"I can try."

"You can but then it'd only catch up to you. I ran and I almost died. I wanted to end it all."

"What made you decide otherwise?" He asked curiously.

I grinned. "Wouldn't you like to know?" You. You stopped me from thinking otherwise.