Chapter Forty-Eight

Present Day

"I know he told me to not let it get bad and I didn't, but the first weekend I spent in Minnesota, I went to a party voluntarily and truthfully, I don't see why people go drink to forget because you know what, Holland?" I said. "It fucking sucks. I got the worst hangover I have ever had the morning after and it didn't dull any of my pain. I just got more pain. Getting drunk did nothing for me."

"Do you think you'll see him again?"

"Possibly."

"You still love him, right?" Holland asked.

"I'd like to say no, but then, I know I still do." I confirmed. "You can't let something like that go."

"Something like what?"

"Something that made a big difference in your life. Somebody that made a big difference in your life." I said. "He made it pretty clear how much he cares. He told me that I'm not worth dying for but that I'm worth saving. He believed that I could do it all on my own. He believed that I could save myself instead of doing the exact opposite. There is only one other person who believed that other than him."

That person just barged into the room.

"Guys, the rain just stopped and the power is back!" She shouted. "There is still some spaghetti left, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, there should be."

"Okay, great." She turned around and ran downstairs.

"Come on, Holland. We're going to have a movie night."

"But it's two in the morning."

"Who cares?" I said. "Movie nights are awesome."

TV show marathons with Colton are awesome.

Right now, I would go drink a shot but I know that would do absolutely nothing but give me a hangover in the morning because I know I'd keep going, so I don't.

I walk behind Holland as we go downstairs and by Kara on the couch eating spaghetti, is Mason.

"When did you get here, Mason?" I asked.

"Oh, maybe two hours ago."

"Oops."

Right then, the doorbell rang.

As I went to go answer the door, I know who it is in the pit of my stomach.

Just as I unlock it, she barges in.

"Beautiful manners, Jane. Just beautiful." I said.

"This is urgent, Elliana!" She shouted. "You don't have to date James!"

"Really?! Are you serious? This is great!" I said.

"But you do have to date someone." She said, dropping my excitement levels. "You have two people to choose between and obviously, one of those people is James."

"Then who is the other?" I asked.

"The other is Colton Grey." Oh, this is fucking fantastic.

Mason and Kara turned their head with widened eyes and I could see Mason mouth, "Oh shit."

"And you have to pick one as soon as possible." Jane continued.

"I don't know."

"This is going to boost your fame so much, Elliana, and if it becomes real, then that is so much better."

"I'll decide as soon as I can." I said. "In order for me to agree to date them, I prefer to meet them first." I said.

"I'll work something out with Colton's manager then." She straightened herself out. "As far as I know, Colton is right here in LA."