Chapter Nineteen

Elliana's POV

If there was one thing I was worried about, it was of Colton finding Jace and Eleighna in my room. It doesn't sound suspicious at all.

I scurried down the steps, careful not to fall this time, in the case that I'd fall right into Colton's muscular, toned arms yet again.

It seems I wasn't careful enough because in my pace of looking down in the steps, I bumped into a muscled chest and wobbled back a little, barely catching myself before I could fall.

"I believe this will go on for years to come." Colton said smugly.

"Please. Like I'd stay with you in the future." I tried to bypass him but to no avail, he sidestepped me blocking my only path to the kitchen. What can I say? I really love food.

"And that really hurt my heart." The sarcasm in his voice was clearly there and the fact that I was closed in the narrow space of the stairs, was only heightening my annoyance.

"Seriously, I have stuff to do."

"Like what? Get food then go back to your room to resume your boring book."

"Actually, Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace are quite the entertainment." I said a matter-of-factly.

"I doubt it."

"I doubt football is entertaining. It's just sweaty guys tackling each other for a ball just to get it in a certain area of the field. It's not that interesting." That was my honest opinion of football. If you love football, I'm sorry. I meant to offend Colton.

"And reading is? You literally cry over fictional characters that will die in the future, sooner or later."

"Unless they're supernatural." Ahh, Sam and Dean. No, Elliana. Back to topic. "Then they can live forever depending on what they are."

"Supernatural beings don't exist."

"Try telling that to Edward Cullen."

"The sparkling vampire is a fictional character."

"You don't like him?" In all reality, Twilight annoyed me now. The books were so good but the movies ruined it for me. I was just trying to stall for Jace and Eleighna unless they're making out up there right now.

Stop Elliana! You can't think any of that!

"No! I hate Twilight!" Colton was becoming aggravated already.

"That's depressing."

"So is The Fault In Our Stars but you don't see me crying about it."

I narrowed my glare. "What are you trying to say?"

"Being a fangirl sucks, doesn't it? Crying about fictional characters that will in no way become reality." He taunted.

"Football sucks but you don't see me crying about it. Getting hit in the balls hurts but you get over it."

"Girls don't have balls!"

"Yes, we do! They're on our chests!"

"They are not that bad!"

"Have you gotten elbowed in the hallway before?! Just walking, minding your own business when BAM! A body part applied unnecessary pressure to your chest! It hurts like a bitch." I exclaimed.

"Well, it hurts when it's applied to your downtown area! I seriously want to cry sometimes!" I busted out laughing.

"Oh, that's hot."

Over our mini-argument, we were completely oblivious to the laughing in the corner belonging to two people - Eleighna and Jace.

Colton had also taken notice to their presence. "Jace, what are you doing here? I said I would see you later at practice."