Chapter Eighteen

Elliana's POV

As I sat in the passenger seat of Colton's truck, I felt guilty. As if what I had agreed to with Jace and Mason was wrong.

My mind was telling me it was the most correct and logical thing to do while deep down, I knew it was the most vile thing in the world.

"You seem down today. What's wrong?" He asked smiling.

"Nothing. Everything's good." Lie. I knew not to say 'I'm fine', otherwise he'd know I had something going on.

Something involving betrayal and deceit to him.

"Sure?" He asked with a concerned face that looked so real, I didn't know whether he was genuinely concerned or if he was putting up his act again.

When I had agreed to this arrangement or deal, I didn't even know why I agreed in the first place. Maybe it was the fact that I wanted to get revenge on Colton for hatred I had and now regained some of. Maybe it was because I had learned that Colton was most likely still trying to play me. It could have been anything, really. Anybody could turn their backs on you and I guess that's what I was afraid of when Jace had explained everything to me. When I was given that explanation, I wasn't thinking straight. Betrayal was the only thing I was feeling.

"Yes. I'm positive." I reassured him while pulling out my iPhone and going on Twitter.

"Okay." He steadied his right hand on the wheel while using the left to roll down the window.

"It's just mid-terms and everything." Yeah, that should work. I'm accused of being too smart, anyways.

He smiled and continued to drive.

Eleighna suddenly pointed to the iridescent lighting of the letters and logo of Dairy Queen. "I want ice cream!"

As Colton pulled into the drive thru, and we told what we wanted, guilt still ate away at me and the fact that Colton was there with a gorgeous smile wasn't helping.

I didn't ever say anything about developing feelings; I just said the guy had a nice smile and looks good.

I ordered vanilla with cherry, Eleighna got chocolate, and Colton got vanilla covered in chocolate, and as the drive thru cashier was handing us our change and food, she wasn't so discreet on the fact that she was obviously trying to score with Colton by the way that her shirt was lower when she went back to the window and added some pitch to her voice.

I hated her already.

"Thank you for coming to Dairy Queen!" She said oh so sweetly.

Thank you my ass.

We were a few minutes into the ride back home when Eleighna nervously asked,"Um, can I please have a napkin?"

As I passed her one and looked at her face, I saw a red liquid dripping from her nose as she wiped it and put the pressure onto the tissue to help stop the bleeding.

"Do you have candy, Colton?" I asked.

"I always have candy. What are you-" I smacked him behind his head.

"Not that kind, dumbass. I mean hard candy." I said.

"Maybe. I have my secret addiction with me - jolly ranchers." He smiled.

"Not a secret anymore. Where are they?"

"I'm not telli-"

"Colton, where is the fucking candy?" I stated angrily.

"Glovebox."

As I reached into the glovebox, I found a bag of jolly ranchers. How did he fit this many into a glovebox?