𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝕳𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓

𝕺𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖇𝖊𝖗 31𝖘𝖙, 1836

The night was cold but the forest was even colder, making anyone who ventured in wished they were wearing several pairs of jackets. The night sky glowed from bright stars and the moon was full and beautiful. You were ten and walking alone in the forest with only a long sleeved dress to cover your arms. Your dress was teal with black designs near the hem and had on black flats and white stockings while hair was in two braids trailing behind you as you walked. You thought that you could deal with the cold but know you wished you brought the coat your Auntie bought you. It was a little big on you, but you knew you would grow into it. You had a straw basket in your hands with a white and red plaid cloth covering chocolate brownies you made with the help of Renée, a maid at the mansion. Sometimes as you shivered and occasionally sneezed, you would hear one of the dead bushes rustle, like something was in it stalking to you. A wolf maybe, but nothing ever did anything to you. But you did get an unsettling feeling, like someone, something was watching your every move.

Finally, after some time, you reached Miss Autumn's house and walked up the stairs, careful not to fall and/or drop the basket. As you reached the top, you noticed that the chimney had smoke coming out of it and knocked on the door since you didn't want to be in the cold any longer. You wanted to be warm and eat the brownies with Raven and Miss Autumn while listening to the stories of Miss Autumn's life when she got turned into a human for a while. As you stood patiently for a couple seconds outside after hearing "Just a second!", you looked around. The wind blew, but it wasn't a lot, and the freezing air bit at your cold face and made your nose and fingertips turn red. You really wished you brought a coat and hat. The door finally opened and revealed the smell of fresh soup and Miss Autumn who wore a dark orange dress with her hair up in curls and flowers in it.

"(Oh, hello (Y/N), It's nice to see-Oh my! You must be cold! It's freezing out here! Come in! Come in!)" She ushered you in and you sped walked inside, gripping the basket handle tightly.

"(Thank you!)" You smiled, enjoying the warmth of the house.

"(What do you have there?)" Miss Autumn asked, walking you to the kitchen.

"(Brownies!)" you said happily, lifting the basket up to show her. "(Renée helped me bake them because I probably would've set our home on fire....Anyways do I smell soup?)"

"(Yes, yes you do. It's chicken noodle soup.)"

"(Oooooo, chicken noodle.)"

Miss Autumn walked to the large pot that was steaming on the stove (that had fire burning under it) next to a window and put the fire out. She took three bowls and spoons, including napkins and put them on the wooden table. She told you to go get Raven from the backyard and gave you a black fur coat including a matching hat. You put the brownies on the counter and skipped outside to go get Raven who was probably chasing something like a deer or moose. As you reached the back of the house, you kept hearing laughing and unholy screeching. You recognized it. It was Raven's laugh. But you didn't know what was screeching. You rolled your eyes and called out her name a few times until the laughing stopped and the screeching became more distant; like whatever was making the noise was running away. After a couple of seconds you called out her name again, this time you grew worried. Raven usually quickly made her way to anyone who called her name in a black mist. You thought something bad happened but didn't look away from the forest. You would just tell Miss Autumn that Raven-

"HI!"

You jumped as you heard Raven behind you and put a hand over your heart and looked at her.