Chapter Thirty-Two: Remember

I couldn't help myself.  Enjoy! XDee

----------------------------------------------------------

Sophie

My brain seemed to turn back on. In front of me was a vaguely familiar face. The man had eyes just like my dad, but with a mustache. I took in his clothes and realized I was having another vision. The man in front of me was my grandpa, Howard Stark. He had his arm around me as I (aka, my Aunt Peggy) continued to cry uncontrollably.

"C'mon, Peg. I know it hurts, but you can't give up now," Howard said. "I know you said you just admitted you loved him, but I promise you, you're not worthless."

"But-"

"No, no, no, no. You're the most fiery person I've ever met, and that's saying something. Fiery women run in my family." Howard was lost in thought for a moment. "Peggy, you can't lost the fight now. Otherwise, Steve will have died for nothing. You have to remember to keep going. We need to finish the fight."

A warmth grew from inside. I sat up and looked in the mirror. Aunt Peggy's face stared back, a determined look in her eyes. "Yes, I can't forget. I need to remember."

"That's it, Peggy! Remember the fierce woman I first met, who was so determined to punch Adolf herself? Now's not the time to give up!" Howard encouraged.

Still staring in the mirror, it began to feel as if my Aunt Peggy was speaking to me through the vision: Remember.

Remember what?

Remember your power? Who I am? Is this the Lion King? God, if only I could stop being so damn sarcastic all the time I'd be able to figure this out. Well, no real proof needed that I'm Iron Man's daughter...

Wait. Iron Man... I have a suit. And my bracelet... my dad did say I could call the suit to me, now... But how am I supposed to do this with the contraption around both my neck and my hands? With those on, even with the suit, I'd still be decapitated and lose my hands.

And with that,  whatever little hope I had left. A strong, cold metal hand caressed my cheek.  Bucky's voice whispered in my ear,  telling me he was coming. I just needed to hold on a little longer.  He was coming.  He'd always come for me.

My eyes opened, and I was back in the time machine with Doom and Crew. They were busy finalizing plans. As long as we were still back in time, I wasn't sure if I could call a suit to me. How would that even work? No, I need to somehow convince them to go back to the correct year, even if only for a minute.

In front of me, the bald man was meditating. He held a clay doll that looked remarkably like my dad. I watched carefully as he seemed to be mumbling to himself. Suddenly, he screamed out in pain. Alicia was by his side in an instant.

"Phillip? How's it going with Stark?" Doom asked.

"I still can't get in! I've never had someone that was so mentally strong before!" the old man whose name was apparently Phillip, said.

"That's impossible," Doom exclaimed.

"I keep trying, but he seems to think it's just a headache and brushes it off. I can't control this man, no matter how hard I try! I can't get in his head!" Phillip insisted.

"It's all right, dad. You can try again later," Alicia whispered.

"Victor, what are we going to do?" Morgan le Fay asked. "They know we're involved, and we can't hide here forever!"

Doom ran a metal hand down his also metal mask. "We're going to have to go with plan B. Take us back to home!"

His goons immediately set into action, pressing buttons on the wall across from me. I was trying to memorize the sequence, but Alicia's angry face blocked my view.