Chapter Forty-One: Time to Wrap it up!

The penultimate chapter!  Gah!

-----------------------------------------------

Sophie

I bent over, doing my best to catch my breath. I was done. Today had been hard enough. A familiar silver flashed in the distance. I flew in the suit to stand in front of my fiancé. He wrapped me in his arms.

"How 'bout the Bahamas?" I asked.

Bucky looked down at me, almost as exhausted as I was. "What?"

"For the honeymoon."

"Oh. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable walking around in a tank top with my metal arm in the sun." He held up the arm in question.

I laughed, leaning my head into Bucky's chest. He pulled my chin up for a quick peck. We stood there for a minute, arms wrapped loosely around each other, while our foreheads touched.

"This would be romantic if it weren't for the dead clay people," I noted.

He laughed. "You're not into that?"

"What are you talking about? That's my pheromone. I love the smell of death and blood!" I rolled my eyes.

He stared into the air thoughtfully. "Maybe Norway? Nothing happens in Norway. Switzerland has some great views."

"You really think we're going to manage to make it out of any hotel?" I teased.

He paused for a second. "Sweden. There's an ice castle that is the view."

"Alaska," I decided. "There's a hotel where you can sleep under the Aurora Borealis. I'd heard about it a lot when I lived in Montana. It's supposed to be spectacular."

"Right. Except, what's the Aurora Boris?" he asked.

I laughed. "Aurora Borealis. The Northern Lights?"

"Oh, the green – yeah, I've heard of that!"

"Um, not to interrupt the moment, but we can hear you through the earpieces," my dad said over the coms.

"And I'd definitely recommend going further than Alaska. That way it takes us longer to find you and crash your honeymoon!" Sam joined in.

Bucky groaned. "No, Sam, not gonna happen."

"Then discuss this somewhere more private!" Clint shouted. An explosion went off in the distance, bringing us out of our short moment of normalcy.

"Sorry! That was me!" Wanda apologized over the coms. "I thought I saw someone, so I threw a car on them and it turns out, it was Pietro."

"I am not talking to you for the rest of the week!" her brother shouted.

"Anyone hear from Steve if he's got a hold of the Prime Minister, yet?" Peter asked, reminding us of the original mission.

"Oh, right!"

Steve

We were moving so fast, checking each door as we went that I almost missed it. Natasha had been the one to catch my mistake. I'd opened a door and didn't immediately notice something out of place. I was about to close it again when a bullet grazed by my ear, ricocheting off a wall I didn't realize was there. I flipped around and gave the shooter a disappointed glare.

"What? I didn't hit you," Natasha shrugged. She holstered her gun again, waved Sharon over, and studied the room.

"Hologram tech. Clever," Sharon nodded. When I reached out my hand into the room, the image that had been there flickered.