Chapter Thirty Five: Acceptance

Things are happening!!!!! XDee

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve

Dr. Richards led us into his penthouse. A vaguely familiar woman sat on a couch, but jumped up when she saw us walk in.

"Reed! What are they doing here?! I thought-"

"Sue, calm down. They're just here to talk," he assured. She seemed hesitant.

"Dr. Richards is right; we're only here to discuss what happened. No revenge is planned on our end," I guaranteed.

"Not yet, anyway," Wade whispered behind me.

"Come in, please, and sit," Dr. Richards smiled. We did our best to fit on their couches without seeming too intimidating. Bobbi and Sam had to leave their wings in the hallway in order to fit.

"I'm sure you both know what happened," I began.

"I don't know what happened! Johnny has always had a mind of his own, but he'd never do anything like this! Ever! And if he did, he'd call me. But, he hasn't. He's an idiot, but not an anarchist," Sue panicked.

I smiled softly. "I understand that you're worried about your brother-"

"He wouldn't do this!" Sue pressed. Dr. Richards patted her leg, pulling her back.

Natasha sighed and leaned forward. "We understand that you're worried. However, we have some information that a Victor von Doom is behind this plot. We believe he might have done something to either trick your brother to attack us, or he forced him."

"Doom," Dr. Richards groaned. "We should've known. He's been too quiet for too long. Right, what information do you have and how can we help?"

"For starters," I began. "What do you know about time travel?"

Tony

It took Pepper a few minutes to calm me down. I still wasn't completely on board with Sophie dating Darth Vader, but he did seem to make her happy. It didn't help that I was also still upset with Wanda and Strange for not warning us that Sophie's screams would be echoing throughout my mansion. I'd been with Clint in the control room when I heard it.

"Okay, I'm fine. Can I go check on my daughter, please?" I asked. Pepper raised an eyebrow. "I promise I'll play nice with Barnes."

"I'll hold you to that, Mr. Stark," she warned. I followed her back to Sophie's room, where Wanda, Clint, Eden, and Barnes still sat on the bed with her.

"I told her we'd allow her some time to rest before we starting asking questions," Clint stated.

"I get it. But, uh, sweetie I think there's something I need to talk to you about." I nervously sat on her bed so I could put a hand on her leg.

"Is it about Levan?" she interrupted.

My eyes grew wide. "How do you know about him? What do you know about him?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Not a lot. His name was mentioned a lot. I think it's... is he my brother?"

I let out a sigh. "Yeah. He is. Or...was. I haven't found out if he's still alive or not-"

"What?!" Pepper, Eden, and Sophie all exclaimed.

"Let me finish!" I started again. "When I had Geek with me, he burst into a pile of clay."