Chapter 11: Blackout

So sorry for the long wait!  I kept thinking I had already uploaded a chapter, but apparently not!  enjoy! XDee

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie

The next week or so went by without incident. Pepper had moved out, which I learned the hard way after mentioning I'd missed her at dinner. Tony was taking it better than I expected. He spent an unusual amount of time in the lab. The only time he ever left was to shower or grab more food. Whenever I asked what he was working on, he'd mumble something about Geek's brain and would go right back to work.

"Hold up!" I called. 

 Tony stopped dead in his tracks, a bagel dangling from his mouth. Bethany, Skye, Lincoln, Geek, and Jubilee were all with me in the living room. We'd made a fort out of every available blanket and pillow we could find. I'd even brought Dummy upstairs to hold the light just right.

"What is going on?" he gasped. The fort had been up for over 20 hours now. I'm amazed he hadn't noticed it before.

"Movie night. You're going to join us!" I grinned. I forced him into a spot between me and Bethany. "One of the maids was going through some old boxes and managed to dig up Grandpa Howard's favorite movie reels. We're watching Chaplin, now!"

"Maids?" his face contorted into one of extreme confusion.

"Yeah, one of the pretty girls that walks around here all the time," Skye explained.

His face dropped. "Oh, about that-"

I rolled my eyes. "It's okay, we already know."

"You do?!"

"Yeah. And so what if they're gay? Let them do their thing," I shrugged. "I wish the Scottish one wouldn't stare at me so often, though. I'm already pissed that she doesn't have red hair. Gingers are literally going extinct!"

Skye and Lincoln laughed with me, the rest remained silent. Geek was obviously still nervous by being around my dad. This was the first time he'd been to Avengers tower. The first time he'd been out of the X-Mansion, now that I think about it. Hank and Bruce had been convinced they could break whatever block we had. It wasn't until the Professor and Jean had combined efforts to try and get through – and failed – that they decided to give it a break.

Tony sighed heavily. "Sophie, there's something I need to be honest with you about."

"Whatever it is I don't want to hear it." I snuggled up next to him.

He shrugged my head off his shoulder. "No, Sophie, I need to-"

"I said I don't want to hear it."

"You're going to-"

"I said hush!" For the brief moment of my anger, the entire fort (and possibly room) went pitch black. When I calmed down, no one said a word. Tony rose, his face deadpan.

"I don't know what just happened, but I don't expect you to do that ever again. You are still my daughter and this is still my home. I will not be spoken to like this, understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"Enjoy your movie. We'll talk tomorrow." He shoved the rest of the bagel in his mouth and walked away. Silently, Bethany pressed play. We watched the TV for a few minutes before Geek grabbed the remote and pressed pause.