Chapter 6: Nightmares

Chapter six, as promised!  Again, sorry for the wait and i know this chapter is a bit short but the next one is going to make up for it, I promise.  Enjoy! XDee

-------------------------------------------

Tony

Bruce and Hank shoved each other aside for another view of the constantly changing DNA under the microscope. We'd spent hours analyzing this ridiculous – I can't even think about it anymore.

"Hank. The professor, has he talked to Geek yet?" I sighed heavily.

"He was going to as soon as he was rested enough. Bruce, come-"

"Where is the medical room here?"

"Hm?" They didn't bother looking up from their research. Bruce sat hunched over his notes, while Hank continued to eye the blood.

"The medical – screw it, I'll find it myself. Can't be that hard. It's only a mansion. Not like there's... what are you supposed to be?" A group of multicolored kids raced by. Pretty sure two had tails. I was about to say something, then I remembered that I promised Pepper made me promise to be nice to the mutants.

"You wouldn't be the first to hate us."

I whipped around. There he was; the professor himself, flanked by his usual group of naturally souped-up mega mutant warriors. And one beauty with white hair. And another with flaming red hair.

"Sorry, I was looking for the kid that was with my daughter. Maybe you've seen him? Tall, brown hair, super skinny? Completely normal? That should stand out around here a bit," I explained.

The super freaks didn't appreciate my fine humor. The ginger especially.

"You seem to forget that your team isn't much less 'freakish' than ours. Not to mention your Fantastic friends."

"Relax, Ginger Spice. I meant no harm. Clearly you can read that in my mind. Kinda weird. But I'll let it slide." I went back to the bald man. "Medical unit? Geek? Can you help me out, here?"

He smiled politely. "This way, Mr. Stark. Although, I don't think you're going to want to hear what he has to say after I unblock his memories."

"Can you do that?"

"The professor can do anything," one of his posse sneered.

"Now, now, Rogue. We all know even I have my limits. I will do my best for this young man. It isn't my first time helping with amnesia. I already learned he is from Georgia-"

"That's not a southern accent," I interrupted.

"The country, you idiot."

"Calm, Jubilee!"

"But he's white...?"

"As was his father," the professor nodded.

"Okay, but how'd he end up with my daughter?"

"Give me a moment and I can show you," he smiled softly.

"Show me?"

Without an answer, they led me to the kid's bedside. He was awake, but still shaking. There were bruises along the inner parts of his arms from where Hank and drawn blood. There was a brunette clacking away on a keyboard on the other side of the room. When we entered, she stood to explain his situation.