The Patient

Inspired by the episode of Grey's Anatomy

Y/N's POV
I was a first year attending working my first week in the ER with a patient who had just in a car accident. I was stitching his head lac when my neuro consult who was also Harry's best friend, Mitch, walked in the room. "What do we have?" He asked. "Hank Jacobs, 23 year old male. Was in 6 car pile up. He has a possibly hairline fracture in his left wrist and a head lac that I just finished sewing up. I just need you to give him a neuro exam." I said. "Ok Mr. Jacobs can you follow my finger." He asked. "Sure." Mr. Jacobs replied. He started following Mitch's finger before he paused and his eyes rolled back and his body began to jolt. He was having a seizure. "Get him on his side." Mitch said before he helped me roll him onto his side. One of the nurses took a suction tube placing it in his mouth as he was foaming at the mouth.

The seizure finally stopped. Mitch then checked Hank's pupils. "Pupils are still responsive but I'd like to get him a head CT. I've got another consult but page me if he has another seizure or when he gets out of CT." He said before leaving. We had run labs so the nurse I had with me left while I continued to tend to Hank. I checked his blood pressure and his heart beat. Seemed normal. I turned around to type it into his chart. As I was typing into his chart. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw that Hank had gotten up. "Hank. You need to lie down." I said lightly trying to get him back into bed. Hank began to slightly push me away from him. "You shouldn't be up." I said. He then pushed my arm off of him before he slammed me against the wall. Then he pushed me into window forcefully slamming me again and again. I tried to get him off me but I couldn't. Then he slammed me to the ground before he collapsed. I was lying there on the cold floor, crying in pain. Unable to get up, unable to move. I was in so much pain. I was barely able to hear anything, everything sounded distorted. When I see someone walk in the door. I look up and see Mitch with a shocked look on his face. "Help." I said weakly before he rushed over to me. "I NEED SOME HELP IN HERE NOW!" He shouted. Doctors started rushing in, Dr. Sarah Jones, Dr. Niji Deleye, Dr. Pauli Lovejoy, and Dr. Elin Samberg, and other doctors along with nurses started rushing in. They lifted me onto a gurney to take me into another trauma room. Everyone was tending to me when I heard my sister in law, Gemma's voice. "What the hell happened?!" She asked. "She was attacked by a patient." I think it was Mitch. "Where the hell is that guy?" She asked. "He's in restraints being treated in the room next door." Pauli replied as was giving me a neuro exam. I followed his finger with my eyes. "Where's Harry?" Sarah asked. "He's on a plane on his way back from that conference in Lancaster." Gemma replied. I all of the sudden wasn't able to breathe as I started gasping for air. "Hold on. Hold on." Elin said. I felt her cold stethoscope on my chest. "Guys, she has no breath sounds on the right side. I think her lung collapsed. I'm gonna have to put in a chest tube." She said. Then I felt the sharp pain of being cut into before I felt a tube being shoved into my chest. I began to cough violently until I was able to breathe again. "Breathe love. Breathe." Sarah said. I cried in pain, I was scared and I needed Harry. Gemma placed her hands on both sides of my head as she stood behind my head. "It's okay sweetheart, you're okay." She said. I reached my shaking hand that was luckily unharmed, up reaching for Sarah to grab it. She looked down and then back at me before grabbing it. "You're okay sweetheart. We've got you." She said.

Harry's POV
I arrived back home in London. I grabbed my bag before I got off the plane to get my car from the parking lot and headed to the hospital to see my wife. I tried calling her to let her know that I was on my way back to the hospital and it went to voicemail. "This is Doctor Y/N Y/L/N. Sorry I can't answer the phone right now but I can call you back as soon as I can." Her voice said before it beeped. "Hi darling, you're probably still working but I wanted to call you and let you know that I finally landed and I'm on my way to the hospital. I can't wait to see you. Maybe we can go out to dinner celebrate your first week as an attending since we won't be on call tonight. But I love you and I'll see you in a little bit." I said before hanging up.

I arrived at the hospital pulling into my parking spot  and walked into ER. "Welcome back Dr. Styles." One of interns said. "Thanks, do you know where my wife is? Dr. Y/L/N is?" I asked. "I think she's in Trauma 1." She replied. I thanked her before I walked into Trauma 1 with a smiling on my face that soon fade as soon as I saw that it was my wife that was on the hospital bed. "Oh my god!" I shouted. Everyone looked up at me. "Harry.." Gemma spoke. "What the hell happened?!" I asked walking around everyone. "She was attacked by a patient." Niji said. "I left the room for 5 minutes and this happens." Mitch said. "He was postictal." Sarah said. "So he's not even gonna remember he did this." Gemma said. I walked over to see Y/N. She looked up at me. "Hi love. I'm here. I'm right here." I said taking off my jacket setting it on top of the gown disposal bin before grabbing her hand and I took my other hand placing it on her cheek as I caressed it with my thumb. She cried. "It's ok. I'm right here baby." I told her. "Harry we gotta get her up to the OR. We will update you as soon as we can." Elin said. I was worried, I continued to look at Y/N. I felt Sarah place her hand on my shoulder. I looked back at her. "We've got her Harry." She said. I took my hand off of Y/N's cheek. They began to roll her away as I slowly let go of her hand. I stood there in the trauma room. Scared out of my mind. Gemma stayed back with me. Tears filled my eyes. "She's gonna be okay Harry." Gemma said placing his hand on my shoulder before I turned around and cried as he hugged me.