Bumper to Bumper

I was driving my small, yellow Volkswagen buggy when I noticed that the guy I liked that lived a few houses down the street from me was in the car in front of me. He made me a little nervous because he was super cute with his strong jawline and his beautiful green eyes, and his short brown curly hair. But I knew I had no chance with him because there was no way a guy like that wanted to go out with a girl like me. I wasn't your typical barbie or bratz doll with gorgeous looks and perfect looks I was what everyone called, The Ugly Duckling. The only good thing I had going for me was probably my personality. Anyway, knowing he was in front of me, I got so nervous that I didn't even know how to drive anymore and I had accidentally rammed the front of my car into his bumper. I practically gave myself whiplash as I hit my head on the steering wheel. Crap.. we both pulled over to the side of the road before I had pulled out my phone to report the accident.

The police were on their way before the guy and I both got out of our cars, hoping this wouldn't be confrontational. I met my eyes with his and I didn't know what to do with myself. I felt my legs grow weak and wobbly so I leaned up against my car. "Are you alright?" He asked. I had never heard him speak before but he had a British accent that made him a thousand times more attractive. "Y-Yea, I'm alright. I'm so sorry about your car. I accidentally got my footing wrong and hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. Are you okay?" I asked him. "I'm good yea, it's okay don't worry about it. Accidents happen. I can easily pay to get it fixed." He explained when I noticed his eyes went wide as he looked at my forehead. "Oh goodness, you're bleeding." He pointed out. I brought my fingers to my forehead as I felt the wet stickiness on my head. The guy rushed to his car and opened his trunk as he pulled out the first aid kit he had. He quickly pulled out a bandaid and made his way back over to me before ripping it open and applying it to my wound. "There.." He spoke before putting the wrapper into his pocket. "Thanks, are you a doctor or something?" I asked. "I'm a pre-med student but I grew up with both of my parents being doctors and they taught me to just always be prepared." He explained. Wow.. a pre-med student. I hung on to every word he had spoken.

The police had finally arrived to take down our statements and write a report. I had been given a $170 ticket for failure to brake. I could barely afford to get gas let alone pay for my car to get fixed AND pay off this ticket. I sighed as the police officer pulled away. "Everything okay?" The man asked. "It's nothing, I'm just annoyed that I have to scrap money to get my car fixed and pay off this ticket." I explained. "I can have it taken care of for you, if you like." He said. "No I couldn't do that, I've already destroyed your car. I couldn't ask for you to do that for me." I said. "It's fine, really. You're one of my neighbors right? I don't think we've met. I'm Harry.." He said sticking out his hand. I nodded my head. "I'm Y/N.." I spoke shaking his hand.