Meant To Be

Y/N's POV
My husband, Harry and I were both filing for divorce. We just didn't seem happy with each other anymore. And after we lost our daughter, Darcy when she was born almost a year ago, she had Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 2. It's a genetic disorder characterized by increased bone fragility, low bone mass and susceptibility to bone fractures. Then finding out that my chances of conceiving another child were incredibly low and then I told Harry that even there was a chance that I could've gotten pregnant again, I didn't want to have another baby. It had upset him and it upset me after saying that to him, I knew how much Harry wanted kids and wanted a family. I just didn't wanna disappoint him and not be able to give him the family that he always wanted and dreamed of. Harry and I were getting into arguments constantly, distancing ourselves from each other, I disappeared for a couple months. I came back and I sat down with Harry and we talked about everything that happened, we settled to have some counseling. A lot of feelings came up. Turned out that the only person I wasn't unhappy with was myself. We talked and opened up to each other. We still loved each other, deeply. But after all we had been through, the happiness we had with each other was gone. Before the finalization of the divorce, we were still living together before I had actually found a place to live, knowing that one day I'd have to move out eventually.

There was one night where we talked and it was a good conversation, one of the best conversations we had in awhile. I had missed our great conversations, but it lead to something that I never even pictured happening between us again. We had sex. For the first time since I was last pregnant. It was amazing. Then, about 4 months went by, the day we were finalizing the divorce, Harry had moved out and let me stay at the house. I had been feeling nauseous for awhile, especially in the morning and I noticed that I was also taking on some weight. I thought it was just my anxiety and from my stress eating. I thought I was just nervous about divorcing the man that I loved but I had noticed that I had also missed my period for the second month in a row. I was late. So before I went to meet up with Harry and our lawyer, I made a last minute appointment to go to the doctors to get tested. I had an ultrasound down and I found out I was 17 weeks pregnant with a perfectly healthy baby girl. No signs of Osteogenesis Imperfecta, no signs of any problems with the baby. She was a perfectly healthy baby. Of all days. Of all times, this couldn't have happened at a worse time. I was getting divorced the same day I find out I'm pregnant with the child of the man I was divorcing that day. I was horrified. Thinking if I told him today maybe he'd think it was only to save our marriage and not go through with the divorce and be scared that I'd be raising this baby all by myself. I cried about it for 20 minutes in my car when I got home before I had to go inside and get ready to go down to my lawyer's office. I wiped my tears, got dressed, put on some makeup, fixed my hair, and then headed to meet up with Harry and our lawyer.

When I arrived at mine and Harry's lawyer's office, I grabbed my purse, got out of the car and walked into the office to be greeted by my lawyer's Secretary, Jane. "Hello Mrs. Styles." She said. "Hi Jane." I replied. "Your husband and Mr. Jacobs are waiting for you in his office right now." She said, I sighed. "Thank you." I said as I walked into the office to see my ex-husband-to-be and my lawyer Andrew sitting at a table in his office. "Hi, Ms. Y/N." Andrew said greeting me with a handshake. "Hi." I replied lightly before sitting down at the table across from Harry and next to Andrew. "So how do we get started on this?" Harry asked. "Well, we've already put together the paperwork since you've both already filed. So all I need you guys to do is sign the papers to finalize your divorce." Andrew replied. "But first, I need you both to sign this form. Agreeing that everything you've shared, with bank accounts, bonds, etc. Half goes to you, Harry and then the other half goes to Y/N." He said. He slid the form over to Harry to sign first, then Harry slid them over to me. I then signed it. Then it came to signing the actual papers. Harry signed them then I signed them. Tears filled my eyes after I put the pen down. It was official. I was no longer married. It broke my heart but I guess not all marriages last forever, right? I'll always cherish the moments I had with Harry but right now, I was hurt. I never imagined this to ever have happened. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name being called by Harry. "Y/N?" He asked. "Yea." I replied looking into his eyes trying to act like I was fine when I obviously wasn't. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yea, umm.." I said choked up getting out of my chair. "I gotta go.." I said grabbing my purse and I left out the door hiding my tear stained face.

Hary's POV
After Y/N and I finished signing the divorce papers, I saw the look in her eyes that were filled with tears. Something seemed off with her. Something wasn't right. And even though she wasn't my wife anymore, that didn't mean that I didn't still love or care for anymore. She was my first love and had become the love of my life. This wasn't a day that her or I even pictured ever happening in a million years. I wanted to know if she was okay. "Y/N?" I asked her. She had seemed to snap out of her train of thought. "Yea." She replied. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yea, umm.." I heard her voice become choked up as she got out of her chair. "I gotta go.." She said grabbing her purse and left out the door as tears fell down her face trying to hide the fact she was crying. "We'll be in touch Andrew." I said shaking his hand then I left to go follow Y/N. I went outside to the parking lot to see Y/N sitting on the bench in front of Andrew's office crying. "Y/N.." I said walking over to her. "It's fine Harry, I'm fine." She said wiping her tears and getting off of the bench to walk away. "Something's wrong." I said grabbing her wrist, pulling her back towards me. I looked into her eyes. "You've always told me what was wrong." I said. She was quiet for a minute before she sighed then spoke. "I know you probably don't wanna hear this now because it's already too late and I don't want you thinking I'm saying this to save our marriage but I only found out this morning.." She said choked up. "What is it?" I asked. "I'm pregnant.." She said. My eyes went wide. "What?" I asked. "I know, I know you don't wanna hear this and I don't wanna make you stay around and-" I cut her off when I pulled her in placing my lips against hers. I immediately felt butterflies in my stomach and sparks as soon as my lips connected with hers. A feeling I haven't truly felt in a long time. It was an amazing feeling. Our lips moved in sync. I pulled away placing both of my hands on each side of her face. She still had tears in her eyes and tears falling down her cheeks. "Y/N..I couldn't be happier." I smiled as tears filled my eyes. "You are." She sniffled. "Yes. Do you know anything about the baby yet? Is he or she healthy. Are there any signs?" I asked her. "I'm 17 weeks, and she's perfectly healthy." She replied as more tears fell down her face. "It's a girl?!" I said excited. "We're having another girl." She cried. I placed my hand on her already showing, stomach. I crouched down to meet at Y/N's stomach level. I placed both of my hands on her stomach. My thumb caressed her belly. "It's a miracle." I shouted standing up and I picked her up spinning her around. "We're having a baby." I said setting her down. "We're having a baby." Y/N cried. I pulled her into my chest and I kissed the top of her head. It was meant to be.