Chapter 27

Dream and Sapnap peeked out of the window, to see George in the garden behind the pack house. The omega was leaning against a tree, staring blankly ahead with a hand on his stomach.

The pair sighed, it's been 5 months since the fight with Seth, and the lost their unborn child. Yet George didn't seem to be making any progress in moving past what had happened.

When the brunette woke up and found himself in a hospital bed, his first question was about his pup's welfare. Red took on the responsibility of delivering the sad news that the baby was gone.

At first George thought it was a joke, and he started getting angry, telling the doctor and his mates that it wasn't funny. It was only when Red preformed an ultrasound on George, upon the omega's request, and saw his now empty womb did the brunette believe them.

George was inconsolable, and all that Dream and Sapnap could do was hold him. After that George acted like nothing happened, he returned to warrior training and did his duties as the Luna as well.

Their parents had finally returned and were deeply upset by the news of the baby, and even decided to postpone the Luna ceremony. The brunette however wanted to go through with it, so the adults took care of everything and George officially became the pack's Luna.

They thought that George was making great progress in building himself back again, till one day he came rushing home, and informed them that he couldn't watch over the pack's pups anymore. It was just too painful for him to be surrounded by children, and it constantly reminded him of what he and his mates lost.

Martha stepped in and offered to take over Luna duties, with the help of Amanda and Catherine. Dream had to also stop George from joining in warrior training, since the omega had grown numb to pain and it could be dangerous.

Eventually, Alexander came to the decision of retaking his role as the Alpha of the Darkened Moon pack, till George, Sapnap, and Dream had fully recovered from this tragedy. Andrew and Jeremy also offered their support.

Suddenly their front door was thrown open, and in came a very tired looking Tristan, dressed as a girl.

"Hey Ann, welcome back." Sapnap greeted with as much enthusiasm that he could muster at the moment.

Tristan draped himself on the couch and groaned, "those assholes finally gave up. I'm exhausted..." he whined.

These past 5 months were tough for him too. When the supernatural council found out that the Fallen Witch Kourin had been killed, they immediately investigated. Since the witch had been found encased in ice and covered in obsidian, under a large boulder no less, the council wouldn't believe that it was a werewolf's doing. [AN: Yeah... Tristan may have gone a little overboard, but that's what she gets for messing with his bestie]

None of the convents nearby claimed the feat as theirs, so the council suspected that the pack was hosting a fugitive witch or warlock. To avoid giving the pack any trouble, Tristan left and had been jumping from one city to another to avoid getting discovered.

"How is he?" Tristan asked, and Dream sadly updated him on the situation.

"Has he been eating well?" he probed, and they both shook their heads.

"He keeps saying that he isn't hungry, and we don't want to push him too hard." Dream answered, just as George entered the house.

"Hey Georgie!" Tristan greeted.

George looked up with dull eyes, "Oh Ann, you're back..." he whispered.

"Yup! Want to help me make some lunch?"