A Flood of Pain

"Finley." Ben whispered from beside me. We were walking in some sort of cafeteria, trays of food in our hands. "Let's sit over at that table. Those kids are in our bunkers I think."

"Okay, but what happens if they don't want us like all the other kids. You know 'Kids of the monster'. No one wants us, Ben."

"We have to try. We can't eat in the janitor's closet again." I nodded and we began to head over as all eyes from the kids at other tables watched. "Do you mind if we sit with you guys?" Ben asked nervously. The kids all looked at one another before looking back at us.

"Sure!" A blonde boy with a thick British accent replied. The other kids gave him a bad look. Ben and I ignored the looks and quickly sat down at the two open spots and set our trays down. "I'm Newt. This is Alby, Siggy, Gally, Thomas, Jeff, Minho, Winston, Teresa, Zart, and that's Jack and Clint at the end there." Newt introduced us to everyone while pointing at each person.

"I'm Ben and this is my sister, Finley."

"I know. We all know. You are- you are... you know kids. May I ask, and I understand if you don't wanna answer, but why are you both in these trials?" Newt asked. Ben and I looked down at our food before I spoke up.

"Because finding a cure is more important than the Doctor's own son and daughter." Pity looks took over all of their expressions. No longer anger, but pity. I hate when people pity me.

"Don't look at us like that. We've had enough people pity us in our life time."

"Sorry." They all mumbled.

"It's nice to finally meet you both." The girl, Teresa, spoke.

"Yes, you both should sit with us at every meal." Minho then added.

"We would love to have your company." Siggy said.

They all sent us warm smiles, that is all but one.

Gally.

"I want to see my brothers." I demanded.

"Finley, you know that's not possible." Dr. Paige.

"Why?! I just wanna see them! Just talk! Please! Is that too much to ask?! After everything you have done to us, you won't let me even see my brothers!" I shouted.

"They are distractions to your potential," she firmly argued. "That's enough of the conversation, go to bed."

"You always do this! Finishing conversations that are never close to being done!"

"Guards! Take her to the bunker." She ordered.

"Yeah! Go have your guards- your little minions get rid of your problems! Have them take out all your trash while you sit here in your office while people are dying! Kids are dying! Because of you!" I yelled in anger as the guards attempted in pulling me out of her office again.

"Don't worry, Theo. I won't let her or any of them hurt you again. I love you." I whispered in the boys ear before a guard picked him up and dragged him out of the room. This time the boy and I were years older.

"I'm so sorry, Finley," a boy beside me said quietly. The same boy from my dream when I first arrived in the glade, if I recall his name was Thomas.

His voice sounded familiar...

He then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer in an embrace as I cried.

"She keeps taking everyone I love from me." I sobbed.

My eyes opened suddenly Trying to catch a breathe of air. I was unable to breathe. I banged on the tiny window. Trying to get out. Trying to find help from a young girl who stood in front of the tiny window watching me suffer.

"HELP!" I tried to yell, but my head was under water. More specifically, in a water tank. The girl that watched me was young, possibly my age at the time. She had long brown hair, and brown eyes. A very structured jaw and prominent dimples. She seemed sad, unable to watch my torture. She was about to step forward possibly to help, but Dr. Paige grabbed the young girl's arm and directed her out of the room. The young girl looked back at me with a few tears falling down her face.

"Nooo! Teresa!" I yelled through the gasps of air I tried to manage. I banged on the window trying to break it or trying to do anything so I could just breathe.

"Siggy... they took Ben. They took Theo. They took Gally. They took all of our friends. I don't wanna loose you too. I don't wanna loose you!" I explained between crying.

"Finley, you won't loose me, okay? I won't leave you. I won't let that happen." Siggy or Frypan said trying to calm me down.