Eviction

The others from inside of the med hut ran out just then to see what all the commotion was about.

"Winston? Fin?" Thomas called us as he and the others followed after him. "Whats going on?" Winston and I looked at one another before back to them.

"The doors haven't closed." I spoke. Fear took over their expressions immediately. Winston passed me a torch and we jogged off to the centre of the glade where all the other gladers seemed to be heading to, Thomas and the others following us too. We stood in front of the maze doors that were wide open. A deafening streak of stone and metal echoed through the glade making everyone cover their ears for protection from the harsh sound. The birds flew across the sky, scared of the sound themselves. The sound came from the south maze doors that were across the glade, they appeared to be opening. The east and west doors followed its lead and began to open up as well.

"Okay, Chuck, I want you to go to the council hall, okay? And start barricading the doors." Thomas told Chuck who nodded in understanding.

"Winston, go with him." He nodded.

"Got it," and he headed off with Chuck to the council hall.

"Get the others, tell them to go to the forest. Go hide! Now!" Gally demanded.

"Minho, I want you to grab every weapon you can find. Meet you at the council hall."

"Let's go," Minho said and pulled me and Fry with him.

We ran towards the shed where all the weapons are stored.

"Wait... where's the key?" Minho asked, once realizing it was locked.

"Alby. He has it." Fry answered.

"We need the key." Minho told Fry.

"I'll go-" Fry was cut off with a bang- specifically the bang of my foot colliding with the door and it flying open. "Or that can work to." We ran into the shed and grabbed spears and knives of all sizes and lengths.

"GRIEVERS!" We could hear the gladers shout.

"HIDE!"

"RUN! GO!"

I peaked my head out of the shed to see gladers running away from the east doors. A loud screech of a griever could be heard from that same direction. Then the sounds of grievers from the north doors and west doors and south doors. The grievers were coming from all of which ways they could.

"We need to get going!" I told the boys. We headed out of the shed and handed weapons to each glader we passed. Unfortunately, some gladers we were passing laid dead on the cold ground. A griever ran straight towards us and I grabbed one of the spears from Fry's arms and throw it straight at the griever, going right into his head. With a loud thud the griever fell to the ground, not moving again.

"Nice shot!" Fry shouted as we kept running, we saw a griever pining down a glader just a few feet ahead of us. I tossed my torch at the griever, setting him on fire before Minho, Fry, and I grab our spear and toss them at the griever. The spears hit the griever in the back, neck, and one went straight to its head and it fell to the ground right beside the glader. We ran over to the glader to give him a hand.

"Thanks," A British accent spoke.

"Newt? Oh my god," I pulled the boy in for a quick hug.

"Missed you too." He chuckled.

"Come on! We need to go to the council hall!" Minho hollered. We continued running and that was when we saw a griever running straight towards a group of gladers that were heading to the council hall. I picked up my pace to get close enough to the griever and threw another spear. It grazed through the chilled night air and this time it hit the griever in the neck. It did not collapse like the others, but it distracted it enough for us to run. Fry, Minho, and Newt caught up to me and we ran towards the group of gladers. Teresa, Jack, Thomas, Jeff, Alby, and Clint were all there with panic and amazed looks on their faces.