Healing Wounds

Gally's POV: 

It's been a week without Finley. 

I have not ate. 

I have not slept. 

I have not showered. 

I have not gotten out of bed. 

I have lost the motivations to work. 

I have been finding myself wandering to her room every night to sleep in her blankets that are covered in the scents of lavender. 

I cannot wake up in the mornings. Or I can, but don't want to. I just want to lay there in bed all day doing nothing. And that's just what I do. 

The other gladers have tried to get me out of bed. To get me to eat or to do anything, however all of them fail miserably. Fry has been the closest to get me to do anything, he got me to the showers today. He said; 

"You stink man. You cannot keep walking around smelling of klunk." He yanked on my arm, trying to get me out of bed. I clutched onto Finley's blankets in attempt to stay, though I underestimated Fry's strength as next I knew I fell flat onto the floor and was being dragged out of the room. 

"Let go of me, Fry!" I hollered, clawing my way through the hall back to her room. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up to a standing position and pushed me in the direction of the stair case. 

"No. Its Alby's order for you to do something. Or anything for god sake! I took it as my duty to get you at least into the shower. I can smell you from my room which says a lot since I am on the other end of the hall. You reek!" I grumbled in response. We started walking down the stairs and out of the homestead. All gladers watched as Fry pulled me to the showers, shocked expressions across each and every one of their faces.

"These idiots look like they thought I died or something" I muttered. 

"They did. We couldn't tell if the smell was just you being a slob or your dead body decomposing." 

"Wouldn't be a bad thing if I was dead." 

"Dude. If you say that again, I will get my cooking pan and slap you over the head." 

"To finish off the job for me? You really are a great friend, Fry." I assured him. 

"No! To knock some sense into you." He slapped me on the back of my head with his palm. 

The pan would have been better. 

Now, I am here standing in one of the shower stalls as pellets of water spat at me and dripped down my bare body. I watched every single drop that came slowly from the shower head. I tried to think the beauty of water as Finley would, however, it was incredibly difficult. I don't understand how she sees the beauty in everything, especially in this torturous maze from hell. 

But, that's one thing I love about Finley. Her always seeing the best in everything and everyone. 

I took the bottle of soap into my grip and pumped out some of the soap onto my calloused hand. I scrubbed the suds into my short hair. 

I need a hair cut. It's time for some change. 

I took the bar of soap and scrubbed it across each inch of my body. I washed each bubble off of me and watched it slip into the abyss of the drain. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel that Fry gave me. I dried my body and put my clothes on that Fry also gave me. The shirt was my brown long sleeved one that was Finley's favourite. She said;