Broken After You

Gally's POV:

"I just want to be alone right now." She said before going completely quiet. I turned my back to the door of the runner's hut and slide down it until I was sitting on the wet mud of the ground. I understand she want's to be alone right now, but I have this feeling like I shouldn't. I sat there thinking of all of our times together in the maze and the few times I remember of us together while outside of the maze. I only could hope that she would forgive me, though I would understand if she didn't. I mean those things I said were not called for. I don't even know why I said them. I don't think she is useless nor a waste. I think she is smart, brave, strong, funny, and kind. She is the most amazing person in the world. The most beautiful person in the world. I love her and I don't want to lose her.

I was taken out of my thoughts from a loud cry. I stood up quickly and listened through the door, I hear another loud sob coming from inside of the hut.

"Fin... Fin are you okay? Please open the door!" I shouted through the door. Her cries continued. I knocked on the door continuing to beg her to open the door for me. All of a sudden a loud crash sounded from inside. I backed up and ran towards the door, trying to slam it open with the force of my foot. I continued repeating this strategy until finally the door flew open causing the chair that kept it locked to fly and smash into pieces. I looked around the room to see a fallen chair. Finley laid on the ground beside it, sobbing. I ran over and it felt like my heart stopped, like I could no longer breathe when I saw her laying there in a puddle of her own blood.

"FINLEY! NO!" I yelled running towards her. I crouched in front of her, taking her into my arms. Her eyes kept fluttering open and closed "NO, FIN! DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!" I shouted as I picked up her blood covered body, I ran out of the hut and through the forest. Dodging trees, bushes, and branches that were in my way. "STAY WITH ME! FINLEY! NO! I NEED YOU!" I cried out as tears flowed down my cheeks and dropped onto her red soaked shirt. I picked up my pace and her eyes fully closed.

And they didn't open back up.

"HELP! HELP! HELP!" I shouted on the top of my lungs, still running through the forest trying to get to the glade so Clint and Jeff could help her.

I came to the edge of the tree line, I could see all the gladers running towards my cries for help. Minho arrived to me first.

"What happened!" He shouted, his gaze falling onto Finley's limped body in my arms. "Oh shit!" He yanked her from my arms and ran back the way he came. Passing each glader as he ran, all who turned completely pale when seeing her body.

"Finley! Wake up!" Ben shouted while running beside Minho. I tried to keep my pace with them. Clint and Jeff finally ran over along with the rest of the gladers.

"Take her to the med hut! NOW!" Jeff shouted his orders. Minho nodded and ran as fast as he could to the med hut, leaving the rest of us looking like slugs. Minho was inside of the med hut by the time the rest of us arrived. So many people tried to run in to see what was happening and if she was alright.

"Hey! No!" Alby stopped them all, "Clint and Jeff go in!" They obeyed and rushed inside to begin doing whatever they have to do to save Finley's life. "Ben, Newt, and Gally! Come with me! Everyone else go... go do something! Go back to work!" Ben immediately rushed inside and Newt a second after him. I was about to go in, but Fry's voice stopped me.

"Wait! Can I go in?" he asked, a pleading look shining in his teary eyes.

"Me too?" Winston and Jack's voice came in union.

"No. We can't have too many people in there all at once. You guys can go in when Jeff and Clint are finished with their work. For now, everyone go back to work!" They sighed. Winston had tears soaking his olive skin cheeks, he leaned into Fry who comforted him with a hug, he then pulled a sobbing Jack into the hug too. The other gladers had gloomy expressions as they slowly and hesitantly walked away to their jobs. A couple of whom glared at me before turning away.