24. the hanging tree

sorry for killing mack :(

"There it is! Go, go!" Cindy shouted as they neared the tree.

"Here?" Y/N asked, hovering her shovel over a patch of the ground under the tree.

"Yes! Dig, dig!"

They dug as quick as possible, trying to reach the body.

"Guys?" Y/N and Cindy looked over to where Ziggy was looking to see a boy hitting a baseball bat and wearing a mask walking towards them.

"Just keep digging!" Cindy ordered. "Faster!"

Ruby Lane was walking towards them and singing in the distance.

"You always hurt the one you love."

"I hit something." Ziggy said and the girls all frantically pulled out the thing she hit. A large rock. They wiped away the dirt to find scratches of words written on it.

'The Wytch Forever Lives."

"The witch forever lives." Cindy read out.

"Cindy, what does it mean? Cindy? Y/N?"

"I don't... I don't know."

"Where is she? Where's the body!?"

"I don't know."

"This way. Come on!" They looked around to see killers coming at them from all directions.

Billy Barker and his bat.

Harry Rooker and his knife.

Ruby Lane and her razor.

Tommy Slater and his axe.

They spun around, desperate to find some way out.

"What do you want, Sarah Fier!?" Cindy screamed and lifted up the hand. "You want this? You can have it! Just let my sister live! Just let my sister live!"

"You bled on the bone. They're after you. Get ready to run." Cindy said to Ziggy. She then turned to Y/N. "Get her out of here. I love you."

"No, Cindy, no!" Ziggy protested as Cindy pulled away and ran towards Tommy.

"Cindy! No!"

She ran at Tommy and slammed him in the face with her shovel as Y/N and Ziggy ran in the opposite direction. Tommy then hit Cindy with his axe, knocking her to the floor.

"No!" Y/N cried. "Cindy!"

"Cindy!" Ziggy called out her sister's name. She turned around and the milkman's knife sank into her stomach.

"Shit, Ziggy!" Y/N stopped running and just before she could run back to the Berman sisters, she felt a sharp pain in the side of her waist.

She spun around to see Ruby Lane pulling her razor away from her side. Y/N kept a hand on her side to try and stop the bleeding as she ran away from Ruby, towards where the Berman sisters were. Y/N tripped onto the ground just above where the sisters lied.

She looked to her side to see Cindy and Ziggy reaching out for each other's hands as Ruby brought her razor to Y/N's neck.

"Nothing will pull us apart." Cindy gasped.

"Never again." Ziggy replied.

Ruby then slit Y/N's throat with the razor, causing the girl to splutter as she lost her breath and her heart slowed. She looked up and saw Ruby was gone, as were the other killers.

Y/N's eyes finally fluttered closed just as Nick Goode ran over to Ziggy.

———