10. grab & bag

last one for today

y/n's pov

The ambulance ride was almost silent.

Kate was driving, Josh was sitting in the corner muttering, Deena and Sam were cuddling and probably crying and Simon was sitting down writing on the paper he took from the classroom.

"What're you doing there, Si?" I asked and he pulled the paper to his chest.

"Nothing." He said quickly and gave me a weak smile and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Alright then."

After another minute or two, the ambulance stopped.

"Here we are." Kate spoke up and we all quickly piled out of the ambulance.

Simon unlocked the staff door with his keys and we all went in.

"This way." Simon guided us all over to the part of the store that had all the pills and medicines. We stood around the counter as he went to the back.

"A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a... certain substance." He dumped an array of different pills onto the counter. "He was dead for two minutes. But, we got him back!"

"Kate." Deena made eye contact with the shorter girl. "It's time for your close-up."

Kate nodded and began sorting the pills into different piles.

"You need to take these in order." Simon explained to Sam. "Pile one takes the edge off, you're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn. Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down."

"You may feel slightly sick." I added.

"Now, you need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three." Simon moved the third pile beside the first two. "That's really important, okay? Pile three is what brings you down and out so, you've got to take that 'take five' or else it's all gonna go to shit!"

"How many of these do we have?" Kate held up the epipens.

"Tons, like a thousand." Simon answered.

"Wait, epipens?" Deena was confused.

"Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline." Simon held up the epipens he took from Kate's hands. "This is what brings her back! This is Jesus!"

Sam looked around at us and seemed very nervous.

We used more of the blood from the wound on Sam's hand to make X's on our chests. I finished the mark on Simon's chest and sighed.

"All done." I smiled weakly.

"Great." He didn't seem very enthusiastic. We stood in silence for a moment before I wrapped my arms around him. He did the same back.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you, too." He whispered back.

We stayed like that for a while before he pressed a kiss to my lips and the two of us walked over to stand with Kate.

"Sam's blood marks the spot." Deena said to Josh, and Sam walked over to Simon, Kate and I as she wrapped a bandage around her hand.

"Remember half an hour ago, when you wanted to murder me?" She asked Kate. "You don't have to do this, you can leave."

"Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us?" Kate asked her. "We're ending this together."

"Plus, we already have your blood on us, so..." I spoke.