Ep 11: The One With Mrs Laurens

[Scene: A Street: Angelica and Peggy are walking to a newsstand.]

Peggy: Do you think they have yesterday's daily news?

Angelica: Why?

Peggy: Just wanna check my horoscope, see if it was right.

Angelica: Oh my God. (Grabs Peggy and turns her away) Peggy. Don't look now, but behind us is a guy who has the potential to break our hearts and plunge us into a pit of depression.

Peggy: Where? (Turns to face him) Ooh, come to Momma!

Angelica: He's coming. Be cool, be cool, be cool.

(The guy walks past them)

Guy: Nice hat.

Angelica and Peggy: (in unison) Thanks.

(The guy walks on)

Peggy: We should do something. Whistle.

Angelica: We are not going to whistle.

Peggy: Come on, do it.

Angelica: No!

Peggy: Do it!

Angelica: No!

Peggy: Do it do it do it!

Angelica: (Shouts to the guy) Woo-woo!

(The guy turns around, startled. Angelica points to Peggy. The guy gets hit by a truck)

Peggy: I can't believe you did that!

Opening Credits

[Scene: Hospital, the guy is in a coma and Angelica and Phoebe are visiting.]

Angelica: Why did I 'woo-woo'? I mean, what was I hoping would happen? That-that he'd turn round and say 'I love that sound, I must have you now'?

Peggy: I just wish there was something we could do. (Bends down and talks to him) Hello. Hello, Coma Guy. GET UP, YOU GIRL SCOUT! UP! UP! UP!

Angelica: Peggy, what are you doing?

Peggy: Maybe nobody's tried this.

Angelica: I wish we at least knew his name... Look at that face. I mean, even sleeping, he looks smart. I bet he's a lawyer.

Peggy: Yeah, but did you see the dents in his knuckles? That means he's artistic.

Angelica: Okay, he's a lawyer, who teaches sculpting on the side. And- he can dance!

Peggy: Oh! And, he's the kinda guy who, when you're talking, he's listening, y'know, and not saying 'Yeah, I understand' but really wondering what you look like naked.

Angelica: I wish all guys could be like him.

Peggy: I know.

[Scene: Angelica and Eliza's, Angelica and Peggy are telling everyone about their coma guy.]

John: Are there no conscious men in the city for you two?

Angelica: He doesn't have anyone.

Peggy: Yeah, we-we feel kinda responsible.

Hercules: I can't believe you said woo-woo. I don't even say woo-woo.

Eliza: Oh, she's coming up! She's coming up! (Turns on the TV)

Jay Leno: (on TV) Folks, when we come back we'll be talking about her new book, 'Euphoria Unbound': the always interesting Eleanor Ball Laurens. You might wanna put the kids to bed for this one.