24

22nd November 2021

It was Thursday, and since Prom was tonight, it was the whole talk of the day. I frowned whilst walking down the hallways, I didn't really know why I didn't want to go. I just guess I didn't feel like it.

I sighed and made my way to food tech, where we were making cake. Rory luckily was in my class so that made it enjoyable.

I finally found the kitchen as well as Rory and smiled when she saw me. "Ready to make some cake?" She grinned, pulling my elbow to a bench she had already set up. I nodded excitedly and placed my recipe book down, opening the cake part up.

"Can we put grated chocolate into the cake batter?" Rory frowned, reading the instructions. I looked up from mixing the cake mixture and nodded. "I'll do it," I suggested grabbing the grater. She nodded and went back to getting the icing ingredients out.

"Ow!" I shouted loudly, looking down in embarrassment when a few students looked at me.

"Are you alright A?" Rory asked worriedly, coming over to where I stood holding my finger. "Yeah just cut myself," I replied, she snorted. "What me to get Louis to kiss it better." I just raised my finger and pushed it in her direction, "ew- no ew I was kidding, get your bloody finger away from me." I giggled, heading to the teacher.

"May I wash the blood off?" I asked, he nodded and grabbed me a bandaid as well. I took it gratefully and made my way to the toilets. I turned on the tap and put the bloody finger under the running water. I hissed as it stung slightly.

"Annaliese." A cold voice called from behind me. I froze in place.

"Lacey?" I whispered, turning slowly.

"You have 8 days to save Louis Gray." She said coldly, stepping towards me. I'm sure my expression resembled one of fear.

"Yes."

"I'm proud of you," her face softened as reached out a hand. It passed through me and I felt tears spring to my eyes.

"I miss you," My voice cracked, my hand reaching for her. She stepped back.

"I know."

Is that it? Just I know? I want to feel wanted for once. My parents have disappeared until Sunday and I had to save Louis. To top it all off, I was still juggling my grades in all of this.

"I can't stay for long Annaliese-"

"I know." I stopped her coldly, mocking the same words she only said a few seconds ago, my face setting in a stone expression. "If you're not here to help. Please leave." A drop of blood landed on the floor, breaking the silence after my sentence. Pain flashed through the ghosts eyes as she nodded and started fading again.

I choked back a sob and wiped at my eyes with my clean hand before turning back to put the bandaid on.

I was strong.

I would be strong.

____________________

"Can I please do your makeup," Rory pleaded, curling her last strand of hair. I laughed and shook my head. "I'm not going out or anything," I argued, setting out the last of the makeup.

"Exactly why I should do it for you now. So you can just feel pretty this afternoon." I rolled my eyes and finally let in.

"Fine, keep it natural." Her grin lit up her face as she picked up a brush, I whacked her hand away.

"Me first, you have a prom to attend," she groaned but agreed, letting me start apply all sorts of colours onto her face.

Finally I was done and sat back in pride of my work. "Ok ok, you did great- now it's my turn," she grinned cheekily, pulling my face in.

Oh no.

Turns out Rory has been practicing. I mean half the time she was about to kiss me with her tongue sticking out as she focused but in the end it looked fairly natural and I felt pretty. I turned my head in the mirror and Rory 'oooed'.

"What?" I asked, looking at her. She grinned and turned my head the other direction.

"Your jawline in that makeup is as sharp as a knife right now."

I looked at her bemusedly.

"Well, let's not keep Zach waiting," I gushed, pushing her out of my room, making sure she didn't trip in the dress.

"Rory," Zach gasped, her jaw dropping at the goddess in front of him.

"Hello my love," Rory grinned.

Ooo she knew she was hot.

They finally left after some photos and I was left alone once again.

Right as I'm about to head back to my bedroom, loud continuous knocks stop me in my tracks. I let out a groan of annoyance and head back downstairs. "Who is it?" I called out, only to be answered by a special someone.

"You know who it is love."

"No I don't. Please remind me."

"Tall, good looks, quite muscular, and if I'm correct- a good kisser."

Well he was right on the last one.

"Ohh the one with the small dick?"

"That's the one," I could hear his smirk through the door. Rolling my eyes, I opened it widely to be met with Louis Ezra Gray.

Merry Christmas!

Or happy Friday/Saturday for those in a different time zone or don't celebrate Christmas. Hope you all travel safely and have a lovely day <3

Words: 910

Date: 25/12/21