The only reason I said that this chapter will disappoint some of you is because I think you misunderstood what Annaliese was going to talk to Louis about. She isn't confessing her love for him - that's for sure it's only chapter 16 :)

Also TW: this chapter mentions S/A and S/H
*
*
*

15th November 2021

"We need to talk."

Those words worked around in his brain for a while before he nodded, slowly and cautiously.

"What about?" He asked hesitantly. I sighed and looked down, figuring out what I was going to say.

"I saw- I saw your self harm scars Louis." I started gently, sitting cross legged in front of him. I reached out and took his hand, bringing it to my lap. Before he could talk, I spoke up again.

"And I'm not saying you'll be able to stop just like that, but every time you get the urge to do it. Please, talk to me first. I want to help. I want you to feel safe in your own skin. Tell me what's bothering you, let me know what's hurting you. Fuck Louis- I'd take all the pain away from you if I could. I'd let you cut my arms if you needed to so bad. Louis I want to be here for you." I stopped and took a deep breath.

"If I could take away every pain you've endured, I'd do it without hesitation. You're mine as much as I am yours." I finished.

I grabbed his hand, gently tracing my thumb over his palm.

"Why do you do it?" I asked quietly, looking up to meet him in the eye. He looked down and to the side, sighing hesitantly.

"Because I'm lost. My sisters are always gone which makes me thinks that they blame me for my brothers death and the fact they didn't have parents at such a young age, too many people at school know about it and say I'll turn out to be a murderer just like my parents, and I just don't have anyone anymore. There's no point to my life, my mum - she -." He couldn't get words out and his voice cracked as he struggled keeping his emotions at bay. I frowned at him, patiently waiting for him to go on. "Louis?" I whispered, reassuring him I was here. "She sexually assaulted me when I was 9. I've been battling with those memories for 9 years." He looked down and I saw a tear slip.

"Come here," I whispered, pulling his head to my shoulder as he cried silently, the only way I could tell was the way his body shook with each sob. His arms encircled my waist and pulled me closer so I was on his lap. I combed my hands through his hair and placed a soft kiss to his cheek.

"It wasn't your fault Louis. You didn't know what was happening, any 12 year old wouldn't understand. You only just turned up after they
did it. You had no way to save him. And I'm sure if your sisters did blame you- they'd of moved out already. I think you should sit them down at the table and communicate to them about your thoughts," I pulled his head from my chest and looked into his eyes, trying to figure out what emotions swirled within the green.

"It's hard to believe someone else after being told for years another thing," he whispered. I nodded my head- understanding him.

"Yes but, you can get more help through communicating with your sisters. They can help change your mind, they will be there for you because I'm sure they don't blame you. Bailey wouldn't, especially if she trusts you to help look for Percy," he cracked a smile at that one.

"And Courtney? If she has a problem with it. She can fuck off." He nodded numbly and cleared his throat.

"Thank you."

Don't worry, I didn't forget what your mum did to you.

"And Louis? Those people at school don't know shit. You can move schools if you want, I'll come with and help. We'll go to OKA High just a bit of 20 minutes away," I suggested. His features twisted into shock.

"But what happens when the people at my new school find out?"

"Then we'll ignored them and do it all together. And we'll graduate. We'll become successful and they'll be broke ass men and women with no lives," I exclaimed, brushing a curl away from his forehead as he rested his forehead against mine. "And I'm sure we could book therapy sessions for your trauma. How does that sound." He nodded and brushed his lips in a kiss to my forehead.

"What do you say? Let me help?" I asked. He looked away from my eyes and closed his own, I wondered what was going on in his mind.

He looked back at me and nodded, I grinned slightly and pushed my lips against his, my hands finding their way into his hair. "Your my new favourite person," he mumbled against my lips, I smile slightly before turning back into the kiss.

Not the proudest of this chapter but that's ok :)

Words: 866

Date: 11/12/21