35

21st December 2021

"Louis get your ass up! It's roadtrip day," I exclaimed, jumping onto his back. He groaned and rolled over, squishing me beneath him.

"How did you get in?" His morning voice was like music to my ears.

Shh if you listened to it too you'd be highly attracted to him. But you can't be because he's mine.

"Courtney did it because she loves me. Now hurry up! You haven't even packed and we leave in 2 hours!" I kept yelling, panicking slightly.

"Let me sleep for another hour then I'll pack," he whined, shoving his head into his pillow. I rolled my eyes and ignored him, grabbing his suitcase from the top of his closet and putting it on the ground.

It was meant to be cold during the time we were staying at New York so I packed numerous sweatshirts and hoodies as well as some t-shirts I knew he liked (sneaking a few into my own bag) and then jeans, sweatpants and 2 pairs of shorts just in case.

I went to the bottom section of the closet and wrinkled my nose at the mess. His boxers were strewn across the ground and socks weren't even tucked together.

"Fucking messy," I grumbled, picking up some and sticking socks together. Once that was re-organised I packed his boxers and socks into a different section of the suitcase.

_________________

"You're telling me it's 6am?" Louis asked, placing his hand on my thigh and taking a left for the airport.

"Uh huh. The airport is 1 hour away and our flight leaves at 8:30. We always have to be prepared." Louis rolled his eyes but nevertheless kept silent.

I looked down at the hand on my thigh and started playing with his rings. I still had yet to admit my love to Louis. I knew I loved him, for a whole month now. I just didn't want to rush it.

I love how he is always there for me, how he lets me comfort him and isn't scared to show his emotions around me, how he trusts me, his loyalty in the relationship, doesn't pressure me into shit, he's patient with me. He never gets angry and our arguments are almost always resolved a few minutes after they occur.

I love how he checks in on me, he respects my personal space, doesn't judge me, he drives me to Rory's grave when I ask, buys me flowers at random times, surprises me with dates and gifts, holds movie marathons with me, doesn't even look another girls way if they flirt with him, respects my friendships with other men, as do I with his friendship with girls (not that he has many friends)

No offence Louis.

I looked over at him and smiled. I love you, I thought in my head. We stopped at a red light and he turned his head to look at me.

"45 minutes until we arrive. Got your passport and everything?" Louis questioned me, squeezing my thigh. I nodded and turned back to the window, leaving my hand on his.

__________________

"Why are you so tense?" I asked Louis as we boarded the plane into out seats.

"I've uh- never been on a plane before," he said sheepishly, looked down the aisle.

"Really?" He nodded.

"Well it's ok, we're safe," I grabbed his hand in my own, squeezing it reassuringly. I love you... maybe one day I'd tell him. Well obviously I'd tell him but for now I'm happy with just telling him in my head. It's his first relationship and I'm not rushing him into anything. He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"Thank you," he stated so quietly I almost didn't hear it. Like a whisper. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to hear it but I looked over at him to see him already looking at me.