Chapter 39

HeavenLeigh POV

"So, what do you think?" I asked Roddy as I broke everything down to him about my meeting with Da Baby.

"Honestly.." He trailed off.

"Yes, please be honest" I said.

"I don't think signing with HIM is a good idea" Roddy said.

"Why?" I asked.

I agreed with him, I just wanted his perspective.

"Well because of how he is, and also, I just don't think it suits you baby. You been fine without being signed anyway, writing songs for big artists already." Roddy said.

"Yeah I know. Also, I did go over the contract with my lawyer and Da Baby would get majority of my money. And I want ALL of my money. Not 5% of it." I said.

"Exactly." Roddy said.

"So it's a no for me, I just wanted your input if you thought I should or not" I said.

"Yeah, I wasn't fuckin wit it but I didn't wanna fuck wit your hustle" Roddy said.

"Well I respect your opinion baby" I said grabbing his chin hair, he leaned in and gave me a kiss.

"And I appreciate that" Roddy said.

"Of course" I said.

"Aye, so what was up with Remy at the dinner the other night?" Roddy asked chuckling, I sighed.

"I'm honestly not even sure, but I hope she pulled herself together since Tahj and Kamal are kind of a thing. So Tahj will be around, whether she likes it or not" I said.

"Yeah that was very entertaining for me" Roddy said laughing as he got up from the bed.

"Of course it was" I said chuckling. He's so petty.

"But I think it has a lot to do with you" Roddy said.

"What do you mean?" I asked sitting up in the bed, and I watched him digging in his dresser.

"Well, Remy feels threatened by your friendship with Tahj." He said.

"But she shouldn't, Remy's my best friend" I said.

"Well I'm sure she got her reasons to feel threatened, just some insecurities" Roddy said.

"I assure her all the time that she's my bestie." I said.

"Then it's up to her to believe that. Baby you can't control her insecurities and there's nothing you can do about them either." Roddy said, I sighed.

"Yeah. I hear you." I said.

"I mean you can tell her a hunnit times but she gone have to either take it or leave it" Roddy said getting clothes out of his dresser.

"I feel you. Maybe I'll talk to Remy again, if things go wrong again. I don't wanna just bring it up out of nowhere" I said.

"Yeah if it comes up again then talk to her, if not then leave it alone" Roddy said shrugging.

"Yeah you're right" I said leaning against the headboard.

"I'ma hit the shower aight?" He said.

"Okay.." I said.

-

Kamal POV

"Good morning" Tahj said as I let her in my house and I gave her a kiss.

"Good morning" I said back.

"Kamal you not dressed?" She asked and I laughed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Remy was in the bathroom first, I'm gone hit the shower now" I said and Tahj sighed.