Chapter 51

Roddy POV

"You okay?" I asked HeavenLeigh as she woke up in my arms from her little nap.

"Yeah.." She said sighing a little.

Ever since all that shit popped off at the game, she's been mentally fucked up so I'm just doing my best to be here for her.

"What's on your mind baby girl?" I asked her.

"Everything.." She said.

"Well, I'm listening." I said.

She waited a few seconds and sighed again before speaking. "I seen two people get shot right before my eyes that night, for the first time ever. Chris, and Dayshon. With Dayshon it didn't bother me, Leanna just did what she had to do since he was doing the most. But he killed Chris and that bothered me to see that. Literally made me sick" HeavenLeigh said.

"I know.." I said rubbing her back.

"And then, I helped us all be safe and make sure none of us would go to jail or killed. And I feel like... I'm bad for that or something. I don't know" HeavenLeigh said.

"You not bad baby, not a bad person at all. You was looking out for everybody, like a real one is supposed to. Anybody that's smart would've did that too, we all family here" I said.

"I know.. I guess I just overthink" She said, laying on my chest.

"Well stop, y'all went to the police station and got everything done, y'all are fine.. We all are. Okay?" I said.

"Okay, you're right, you're right" She said taking a deep breath. She looked up at me poking her lips out and I gave her a kiss.

"So stop trippin" I said wrapping my arms around her.

"Alright I'll stop trippin" She said laughing a little.

"Good" I said laughing too. "Now, did you ever finish that nasty ass song for Summer?" I asked tryna change the subject.

"Yes! Finally, I'm gonna send it over to her in the morning and get my money" HeavenLeigh said.

"That's my baby. When she gone drop the album?" I asked.

"Two weeks" She said.

"Mmm, aight. I'm happy for you shawty, you done wrote two songs on that album" I said.

"Can you believe it? Roddy I would've never ever thought I'd be writing songs for artists like Summer, Jhenè Aiko, and Queen Naija. And guess what?" Heaven said.

"What?" I replied.

"Ari Lennox wants me to write for her too! And Tink! So I got a lot of work to do this week" Heaven said.

"Oh damn baby, you out here killin shit" I said with a smile before kissing her forehead.

"That's you! Mixtape number one and allat" She said.

Yup, ya boy is number one on the charts and it's only a mixtape. I was surprised but I'm humbled.

"And we gone keep this shit going. And I wanted to ask you something..." I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Once the money come in, and both of us good wit our money and shit, what do you think about... Moving in together?" I asked and Heaven rose her eyebrows.

"Moving in?" She said.

"Yeah.." I said. "I mean I know it's only been 9 months of us being together, but, shit why not? Once the paper's straight" I added.

I'm willing to make big moves with HeavenLeigh, I'm comfortable with her and we definitely are stronger than ever so why not?

"You don't think it's too soon baby?" Heaven asked.