Chapter 54

HeavenLeigh POV

"Aye baby! Remy's here, I'm out!" Roddy said loudly from the living room, as he was heading for the studio.

"Oh okay! Don't forget to meet up with us for the Christmas program for the kids tonight!" I reminded him.

"I got chu" He said.

"Alright. Have a good day baby, I love you!" I said as I was in the kitchen.

"I love you too shawty" He said before leaving out, and I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Good morninggggg" Remy said walking in the kitchen.

"Good morning!" I said looking back at her. "Oooh you look so pretty!" I added.

"All you, that's all you!" Remy said.

"Thank you" I said with a smile.

"What you making?" She asked me.

"Cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs. You want some?" I asked.

"Please, I'm hungry" Remy said chuckling.

"I got you. So wassup? You good?" I asked her.

"Yeah why?" She asked.

"Well, you didn't tell me you were coming like you usually do." I said.

"Oh I know, I'm sorry about that. I guess I just... I really need to talk to you" Remy said.

"What's wrong?" I asked pulling the cinnamon rolls out the oven.

"Me and Kamal got in a big argument, it was bad.. Like, I tried to apologize about how I handled things at the dinner. Not for feeling the way I feel. Because he even agrees with the things I said, he just didn't like that I put it out there at the dinner instead of letting him talk to Tahj about that alone. I understand that, but he wasn't having my apology at all" Remy said.

"Well, what did he say?" I asked.

"That all I think about is myself, that the alcohol is whats fucking me up, that I'm gonna end up like our dad if I keep it up, that I need to grow up, that I'm playing victim to get sympathy. It was a lot. And he hurt my feelings" Remy said.

"I understand. Right now, Kamal is going through a tough time. He may say that his break up with Tahj doesn't bother him, but it does. She turned out to be the complete opposite of what he thought she was. And, he feels as though you should've let him handle that. What could've been a nice dinner turned into a brawl." I said.

"So... What I'm hearing is you're on Tahj's side." Remy said and I rose my eyebrows.

"Where'd you even get that from?" I asked her.

"Because you're saying I'm wrong." Remy said.

"You are wrong, for sure." I said.

"HOW?!" She rose her voice.

"Aye aye. Reminisce, lower your tone in my house." I said looking at her and she got quiet as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry Heaven. I don't know, I feel like I'm attacked by everyone around me right now." Remy said.

"Nobody's attacking you, we're all here for you. You just have to take accountability, for your actions you know?" I said. She sighed.

"Yeah.. I hear you." Remy said.

"I just don't what you losing your brother, over something like this. You have to put your pride aside sometimes. Because pride will choke you out Remy." I said.

"I got a whole lot of pride Heaven, and sometimes I don't feel like I'm wrong. He didn't even think what I said about Tahj was wrong either though-"

"But he needed to handle that, not you. So sometimes, being right doesn't matter. Just be the bigger person." I said.