Chapter 37

HeavenLeigh POV

"I don't mean to get out of place...
Can't you see the look on my face
We can't let this all go to waste
Thought you had me safe"

I was singing and playing on my guitar to Summer Walker. Once I slid in her dm, she responded almost immediately so I met up with her today to show her in person.

As I was singing, I seen her bobbing her head slightly and she looked over at her boyfriend and he gave her a thumbs up and she smiled.

After I finished the first verse, I stopped and said "You like it?"

"I love it! And he does too" She said tilting her head to her boyfriend.

"Yeah, I fuck with the lyrics and I fuck with the beat. You came up with all that on your own?" He asked me.

"Yes I did, thank you" I said with a smile.

"No problem" He said.

"Yes you're so talented! I'd love to take the song" She said.

"Really?" I said.

"Absolutely, I can definitely feel the lyrics. I been through a lot with London, so the lyrics just resonate with me to be honest" She said.

"I completely understand. I seen this song best fit for you, I'm glad you like it" I said to her.

And I was surprised that she was so open and talkative with me, but it made me feel good to know she was that comfortable around me.

"I love it! How much we talking?" Summer asked me.

"So for the lyrics sheet and the beat, I'll let it go for $300." I said.

"Just $300? Girl I'm gone give you $500. You deserve more for your work" She said.

"But-"

"Girl take it" She said pulling out a wad of cash from her purse and she started counting hundreds after hundreds. I laughed a little and said "Okay, thank you so much"

"Nooooo thank you! I wanna get this done today, I'm feeling good about it" Summer said as she handed me five $100 dollar bills. I pulled out my wallet, putting the money inside before putting it back in my purse.

"Alright I'm ready when you are, let's do it" I said.

-

Roddy POV

"So I finally came up with the date to drop my tape" I said to Kamal as we were counting up this money we made, so we can put it in our safe.

"What's the date?" He asked.

"November 22nd" I said.

"Oh fasho, that's like in two weeks" Kamal said.

"Yep, ready to push this music shit finally, me and Heaven finna get this going." I said.

"Mannn I'm still tryna find my purpose" Kamal said as he was counting money.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"My purpose in this world. But Heaven told me that I needa pray and ask God for wisdom on that, and that's what I've been doing so I'm just waiting on my answer" He said, I rose my eyebrows. Once he peeped I got quiet he looked at me.

"What?" He said chuckling.

"You just growing cuh, love to see it" I said.

"Appreciate cha, you still got some growing to do"He said and I laughed.

"Aye I'm actually doing better too" I said.