2. Dinner

Chris stole glances at Elle as she ate from her plate quietly. Only nodding and speaking a handful of times. She was pale and sick. He had never seen her that way.

Elle, on the other hand wasn't feeling like herself lately. She felt sick and had made it a point to visit the doctor. College was around the corner anytime soon and she'd be returning to school for the second semester. She was glad because those were the times, Chris treated her special. He'd get a suite for them. Take her on uncountable dates and buy her expensive gifts, which she thought wasn't necessary but couldn't voice it out because she knew he wouldn't listen. He just loved giving her everything that looked perfect on her.

Chris on the other hand could only reminisce on how adorable she looked the day he returned to town and spotted her going into the house opposite his. He later found out she was his best friend's daughter. The best friend he thought he'd never meet again after they moved to various countries.

She was so beautiful and he fell in love with her on the very first day he saw her. Not fall in love. Got addicted to her. Lust being the first thing that drew him to her. He couldn't describe the feeling he had when he came a across a bunch of horny irresponsible boys, trying to force themselves on her. He swore he could have killed them if his baby girl wasn't looking unto the scene with such fear.

He couldn't keep his hands away from her. She was everything his wife wasn't. She was young and a brat. A brat he loved to punish because she was so disobedient. Something his wife wasn't. She was the perfect kind of a wife. The wife he also loved dearly. Because in the end he still had a family he would never leave. His beautiful daughter, Briana and his son.

Talking of his son,

" Theodore will be returning next month, " Chris announced proudly. His older son was done with his service to the military and he'd be returning home soon.

"That boy is so grown, time flies," Jacob, Elle's father added cheerfully.

Theodore was ten when Elle and Briana had turned three. That was the time,they moved to different places. Elle and Briana were too young to remember it but maybe that was why fate made them become friends in college. Theodore left after high school and never returned. The news could only make Briana excited because as much of a jerk her brother was, she missed him entirely.

Jacob called Elle, three times in a row before she finally answered. The conversation had slowly slipped off her mind.

"Urr...what were you saying?" She stared at her father expectantly.

"Theodore is coming back around next month," she could only swallow the guilt down her throat as she forced a smile. Another face to make her feel guilty. She couldn't remember much about Theodore but it was fine. She could get to know him. Not like she was interested in knowing him. Avoiding him would make the guilt dissipate. Who would want to be friends with the son of the man you're having an affair with?.

" That's..... great news, " she whispered and glanced at Chris direction. He already had his eyes on her. He looked worried. He raised a brow discretely.

He texted her, brows furrowed on his phone.

Meet me upstairs.

Elle rose from her seat and cleared her throat.

" Excuse me, I have quite a headache, I'll just go up to my room, " her dad nodded and Briana gave her a concerned look, together with the two older women in the room.

" I'll just rest, I'll be fine, don't worry " she smiled, assuringly. She slowly walked up to her room and closed the door behind her. She exhaled and inhaled. Hearing about Chris's son, made her feel guilty. How long were they going to keep this up?. Hiding in the shadows and hurting the people who did nothing but love them endlessly.

As footsteps approached her room, she knew, it was him. He sneaked into the room and pulled her into a hug. A comforting hug. He rubbed her back soothingly.

She wanted to desperately tell him about the decision ,she had taken for them. To end things.

But as he pulled her into his chest, all her thoughts dissipated. She enjoyed his warmth. How could she love someone so wrong and yet feel so right?.

"You don't look so well, baby" he tucked a strand behind her ears and stared into her eyes, lovingly.

" I... think I have a stomach bug. Must be something I ate, I don't feel so good, " she whined and relaxed into him.

" Have you seen a doctor yet?, " he asked, inhaling her scent.

"No, but I wanted to book an appointment, "

" I'll take you, just tell me the date," he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. He settled her into the bed.

Elle watched as he slowly stripped,teasing her. She could only smile. He was still in his boxers as he jumped in next to her. He cuddled up with her. Elle was only worried about anyone seeing them. Everyone was downstairs.

" They'll notice, you're gone too," she played with the fabric of his shirt.

"They wouldn't, I gave my car keys to Loretta, she thinks I left, " she nodded. It was something he had mastered. Lying to his family and her, to her family. He'd tell everyone goodbye and take the back door back inside.

" Sleep, baby girl. I love you ."

And with that she could never let him go.

.....

"Stop staring, it's quiet inappropriate, don't you think, dear? " Chris groaned, snaking his arms around her body and bringing her closer to him.

"Well, if your man is sexy as mine, then you'd drool," Elle chuckled drawing circles on his skin.

"What time is it?, " he asked with his eyes closed, enjoying the warmth of her fingers against his skin.

"It's 6am, " she checked the tiny clock on her nightstand.

" Too early to wake up don't you think?, " he smirked allowing his fingers trail down her back.

"Unless it's for something else, " Elle grinned, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

She disappeared into the blankets.