10. You

Theodore stared between the two people, strangers in front of him because he didn't know what to think of them now. After all this while, they were having an affair. So all of the answers he was looking for was right in front of him as a father. Someone he trusted enough to let him in. Not knowing they knew each other much more than he allowed himself to think about.

" Theodore, let me explain please, " Chris placed his hands on his shoulders. He shrugged them off roughly. If looks could kill, then Chris would have been out cold already.

" I can explain Theo, listen, I, " Chris fumbled with his words. There was no explanation to what they did.  Was this what some people called karma?, Maybe the universe was getting back at them. For the lies they shed and the betrayal they committed.

"Fuck you dad, and you too Elle! ," He spat with so much venom. Elle clutched the bed sheets in her hands as she trembled. It was over. She felt eerily cold. Never had she imagined, this day. The day they'd have to face the truth.

" Theodore, she has nothing to do with this, don't blame her. Blame me, I'm the one who fucked up not her. " Chris pleaded. His gaze flitted from Theodore to Elle, to read her emotions. She wasn't in the right health.

"I can't believe you could go so low as have an affair with the daughter of a man who is literally like a brother to you. God, you disgust me so much. " his gaze fell on Elle. She was a crying mess.

"I.... I'm sorry Theodore, " she cried. His heart bled as she uttered those words. How could she?.

" How could you Elle? " he shook his head as if trying to tell himself this wasn't happening.

" To the extent of carrying the child of a married man. Your father's best friend! " Elle flinched at the tone of his voice.

" Theodore, don't fucking talk to her like that! " Chris fumed. He knew they were wrong but it didn't give him the right to disrespect Elle. Never.

" Oh, I see, this is  so romantic. If it isn't the knight in a shining armor coming to the rescue," Theodore retorted. The veins in his neck throbbed.

" Stop it, "

" Or what?, you're going to slap me?, Go on!, slap me dad. You had the guts to stoop so low so go ahead!. I've seen you hit mum countless of times so please father, hit me. Just fucking punch me, you coward! " Theodore pushed Chris.

He wanted to tore Chris apart. Maybe that would stop his anger. Stop his head from spinning.

" I regret having you as a father, from today onwards I'm no longer your son, Christian Garcia , I don't want to even see your shadow! " Chris felt a bone in his face crack as Theodore punched him in the face. He wiped the blood off his broken lips. He watched him without planning to attack him. He deserved it.

" Please, stop, please Theodore, " Elle cried helplessly. Theodore's demeanor softened as he stared into her eyes. He was broken to perfection. He was lied to. Betrayed by someone he planned and dreamt of a future with. He still wanted her.

" I hate you, " and it was directed to Elle, herself. He lied. Because deep inside, he couldn't hate her if he wanted to. Love was the reason and it still is. Forever would be.

" I'll never forgive you for this Elle. I swear. " He cried.

He walked out the room, angrily shutting the door. A few screws definitely came off.

" Fuck, " Chris cussed as he took a seat.

" They'll hate us, Chris. They will, " Elle sobbed. Chris rushed to her side and pulled her into a hug.

" I don't care, I only care about you and your health . I promise I'll never let anyone hurt you, baby. I swear on my life, " Chris caressed her cheeks and pecked her lips. He was scared himself. He had lost his family. Loretta. It made his stomach turn. Turn so badly that he felt he'd puke.

Briana, the name made him tense. What would she think?. She would call him names and hate him. He loved his children so much, it hurt. And he couldn't stand to lose them. He admitted, he was fucked up but his children mattered to him. They were also a chapter in life that made him who he was.

" I don't think, I can face them, Chris, " Elle whispered.

" We'll face them, I don't want you to go through so much stress in your condition, you need rest"

"Please trust me, Elle baby, " He cooed.

" I love you, always remember that, "

" I hate you, " she answered. Chris nodded. Elle's hate was his greatest love. Their love was a twisted tragedy painted into some thing speacial, something neither of them could let go because in pain, was pleasure and in pleasure was pain.

Now everything was jumbled up.

Families were going to break and hearts were going to shattered. But they couldn't let go of each other.

" Your phone is vibrating, " Elle sniffled as she pointed to his pockets.

Chris nodded and fished it out. It was a text from his secretary. He had one of the most important meetings.

Elle nodded at him to pick it. He did and his secretary rambled on about the investors who came in and w3re expecting his arrival.

"Tell them the meeting has been rescheduled. I won't be able to come on today, " he took a long pause. Not from hesitation.

" I have an emergency. " he ended. His secretary tried his best trying to convince him but he hanged up. It was like a switch. He went back to that day. The appointment.

" Chris-, "

" Don't ever  think you're not important,"

" No, baby. You are so much important than that meeting. I ain't making that mistake again. " he placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Sweat coated his lips, as he could taste the salt on them. He could kiss her all day and he wouldn't stop once.

" Sleep baby, you need rest. "