38. Intentional

Chris had taken a quick shower after the aroma of breakfast invaded his senses. He was left famished by the mere scent of something cooking , he just knew Briana was cooking. He still hadn't gotten over the doubt that Briana made that food. Why would he doubt her?. Why couldn't he bring himself to believe that Briana had mastered cooking.

His mind drifted to Loretta. Why hadn't she called him?. He knew Loretta. She'd be worried and stressed about his health but she rather left to attend to business. Something felt off.

He got dressed in his usual black shirt and pants. He fixed one of his expensive wrist watch and went downstairs.

To his utmost surprise,he didn't find Briana in the kitchen. He was leaning against a wall and staring at the petite woman in the kitchen. She moved around gracefully ,as if she was so familiar with the place.

Elle.

Then it hit him. Briana lied to him. She was the one who made dinner last night. But why would she lie?.

As Chris took a step forward,he was forced to take one back. Theodore had entered the kitchen. His next action caused Chris to clench his jaw. He hugged her from behind. Elle jumped slightly from the touch and it had resulted in an argument. He could hear the whispers but he couldn't make out the words from their conversation.

He knew Theodore and with how he looked at Elle, he was madly in love with her. Yet instead of being the happy father for his son ,he felt weirdly uncomfortable.

He decided to ditch breakfast. He could always get himself breakfast on the way. He still had a limp but he made it a mental note to get one of these expensive walking sticks. The ones he always hated.  He would need it.

As he was about to walk out the door, Elle came running from the kitchen.

"CHRIS!" She said breathless. He turned abruptly. Elle nearly collided into him but found her balance. She wiped the sweat from her face with the back of her hand.

" You are suppose to be in bed Chris, why are you disobeying the doctor's instruction. He clearly recommended two weeks bed rest before you could go back to work ,"

"Why are you still so stubborn, you never listen," she scolded. Chris was baffled. A stranger wouldn't scold another stranger. The image of Thedore and Elle flashed before his eyes.

" And what does that have to do with you,Elle. You're not my caregiver." He snapped. Elle's lips formed an o.

He slammed the door in her face. To say Elle was surprised was an understatement. He literally told her off.

"Baby girl," She gritted her teeth before turning around to face Theodore.

"Stop calling me that Theodore," she rubbed her forehead to rid of the headache but it didn't work.

"Your father just left for work after being discharge from the hospital ,hours ago!" She pointed to the door.

To her surprise,Theodore shrugged.

" He never listens. He'll take care of himself. Elle ,stop worrying," he went to take a seat and help himself to a cup of coffee.

" Where's Briana?" She asked ignoring the fact that Theodore's mouth was full.

" She left earlier ,and she won't be returning until the semester ends ,so we get to be alone," He gazed right into her eyes. Why did she love him so much?. He asked himself.

" I'm going to go find Kiara or something , I'll go crazy if I stay in this place one minute," she muttered and went to get her bag and phone.

" Aren't you having breakfast?" He asked.

" I just lost my appetite " she ran up the stairs and fetched her things before stumbling back from her room.

A force pulled her from the path to the door. She collided into a hard chest. She gazed at Theodore through her lashes.

" Theo,"

" Shhh," he knew how feisty she could get so he pinned both her arms against the wall. Just maybe ,just maybe he knew he had a place in her heart. He could clearly see the want in her eyes but why was she avoiding it. She could feel whatever he felt for her but she was so good at hiding it.

" You're so beautiful Elle," her cheeks turned bright red. What was wrong with her?.

Her gaze flitted between his lips and eyes. Come to think of it ,even if Theodore had confessed his feelings for her,he had never kissed her. His lips looked so plump and soft. How would they taste against hers?.

As if reading her mind , Theodore pressed his lips against hers. In a delicate kiss. Slowly but surely he was engraving his sign in her heart. The kiss got fierce and so did their actions.

She forced her arms out of his grip and pulled him against her, deepenijg the kiss. Theodore's hands roamed her body against the body con dress she wore.

Elle pulled away, guilt flooding her senses. Chris.

That was all she could think about. Chris.

She ran out of the house,leaving a flushed Theodore standing in living area. He had a smirk on his face.

He was going to win her over. It was gonna take time,but he was going to.