43. Black And White

"Wanelle?" She spun around and sheepishly smiled towards him. He was leaning against his car now.

Bryan always had that effect on her. With Bryan she always felt like a teenager dating her crush. He smiled that boyish smile. The very one that caught her attention the first time they met.

" I love you," he mouthed to her and got inside his car,driving off.
She moved to the door and as her fingers brushed against the doorknob, another force yanked it open. Her face turned pale when a fuming Chris opened the door.

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her along , as he opened his car. He needed answers and that meant now.

"Chris, what...is wrong?" She pulled her hand away from his grasp. His eyes flitted to the red marks around her wrist. He was suddenly filled with regret. He had hurt her. But he would take care of that later but now he needed to be so cold ,as cold towards her as he could get.

" Get in the car," he ordered.

" For fucks sake Chris,what the hell is wrong with you!" She scolded,worried. She was dying inside to know what the hell was wrong with him.

" You wanna know right?, So get inside the car I won't repeat myself," he arched a brow, effortlessly. Elle thought of it. Chris.Chris. He always had a way to get you to go his way.

" Fine, " Elle grumbled and walked to the other side and jumped into the car. She was silent as Chris got into the car. The drive was excruciatingly painful and full of uncertainty.

What was about to happen?,

Chris's car came to a screeching halt Infront of the building she was so familiar with. The Garcia Empire.

The number of times she had been there. The memories. She looked over at Chris. It seemed Chris had something on his mind.

" Please go to my office, I'll be there in a minute," he fished his phone out of his pocket and tapped away on it. Elle figured it must have been important if he asked her to take the lead.

Elle nodded and got out off the car. She walked graciously into the building ,disappearing into the glass doors.

And that was a big mistake....

To Elle's surprise the whole place was empty. She shrugged it off thinking that the workers must have gone home earlier.

She got into the elevator and entered the floor which Chris's office belonged.

Elle got inside his office,the feeling of being at the perfect place overwhelmed her senses. She missed this space. It was their own bubble, a place where they had the most forbidden scenes.

"Why did you lie to me?" Elle yelped from surprise. Chris was leaning against the door frame of his office.

"Excuse me?," Her heart thudded inside her chest.

" You've been here countless times , because a friend of Briana wouldn't know the floor of my office,"

Elle's eyes widened in surprise. Things were getting out of hand.

" Come on Chris, it's labelled all over the doors," she walked outside,her palms were sweaty. To her surprise the door had no labelling.

" I had every label taken off because aside from my house,the most perfect place for me is my office and I don't recklessly bring Briana's friends here,Elle," she stared into his eyes.

The doctor clearly said not to talk about anything with him.

" I ...I don't know what you are talking about," tears hanged unto her lashes threatening to fall if she even spoke a little bit louder.

" Then why don't you explain why your contact is saved as my love on my phone,"

" Chris,"

" Enough of the lying!, What are you keeping from me?, Why do I feel like I know you!,"

" Too well infact!" Elle's lips trembled as he yelled out his frustrations.

" Christian," she used his full name. Not even Loretta called him that.

He felt every single hair in his skin rise.

"Please tell me, who are you to me? ,And don't think about telling me that I'm a family friend because, I fucking know that I couldn't stand that guy kissing you earlier," he raked his fingers through his already messed up hair.

" The doctor,"

" Fuck the doctor!, I'll find out anyways because you know I won't stop," he interrupted.

Without another thought, Elle collided into his body and pulled him down for a kiss.Her hands rested on both sides of his face.

They pulled apart ,breathless.

" This is who I am to you, Christian,"

That was all she said.

He was frozen in time, something terrible happened.

He screamed in agony. The headache was immense. He was sure no painkiller could kill the pain. It was deep like a deep deep cut. Because that kiss wasnt just a kiss it was a deeper truth.

"CHRIS!" Elle held him as he collapsed to the floor. His eyes were wide open but he couldn't see or feel the world around him. All he saw were black and white.

He could see her, the contagious smile. Her fingers against his skin. The pain and the happy moments. His undying love.

He knew Wanelle Jones and,

He remembered her in all the black and white.